SSC CGL Exam 2017, SSC CGL Recruitment, Time table, SSC CGL 2017 preparation tips
SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) is one of the most prestigious recruitment exams. Staff Selection Commission organizes SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam for various posts every year. Therefore all the interested candidates who are currently searching for the latest information in regards to SSC CGL Exam 2017 can check the complete details here.
Also View RRB Banglore Job Recruitment
SSC CGL Recruitment 2017
SSC is one of the popular graduate level examinations through which various Gazetted and Non-Gazetted officers are recruited in Central government every year. Thus with only few days remaining in SSC CGL Recruitment 2017, the interested candidates must start preparing hard in order to crack the exam. It is not an easy task to prepare for SSC CGL exam just in one day. The candidates must do regular study and make the correct strategies and plans for preparation of SSC CGL Examination 2017. Therefore if you are an interested aspirant of SSC CGL 2017, then you will be benefitted from this article as here we are going to provide you complete SSC CGL Exam preparation guide. We mainly focus in providing you the information of which topics to focus more and help the candidates to make the correct preparation plans in order to qualify the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination easily.
SSC CGL 2017 Preparation Tips
The minimum required qualification to apply for this CGL examination is Graduate degree in any discipline from any recognized university or Institute.SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam is one of the popular graduate level exams conducted by SSC every year. To apply for CGL examination the minimum education qualification required is a Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institute. SSC CGL 2017 Examination has released its notification and its application form will be available from March 2017. The tier 1 SSC CGL Exam 2017 will be held on 19th June to 2nd July 2017. The exam is going to be conducted in four tiers and its details are mentioned below.
|Tier-I||Written Exam (Computer based)|
|Tier-II||Written Exam (Computer based)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive test (Pen/paper based)|
|Tier-IV||Data entry skill test(DEST) & Computer Proficiency test(CPT)|
SSC CGL 2017 Tier I Exam 2017
- Tier I Exam is a multiple choice paper and it consists of 200 marks. The total time duration of exam is 75 minutes.
- The paper includes 2 questions from various different topics such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Reasoning, General Awareness where each question is of 2 marks.
- There is a Negative marking of 0.50 marks. Therefore candidates must plan as per the syllabus and pattern of SSC
SSC CGL Tier I online exam Strategy
All the candidates preparing for SSC CGL must prepare their own strategy in terms of Time Management. It is always advisable to attempt those section first which are well prepared. As Tier 1 marks are added to the Final Merit, so it is beneficial to attempt more questions with good accuracy as mentioned below
|General intelligence||10 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30 mins|
All the candidates must follow certain strategies for preparing the various sections of SSC CGL exam which details are discussed below:
1. English Language
- It is one of the scoring as well as important part of SSC CGL exam. Here the candidates must mostly focus on some of the scoring topics such as Miss spelt words, Errors, One word substitution, Cloze test, Comprehension.
- This section is easy to score and takes less time
- You can easily score a good mark by focusing merely on 5 or 6 topics here. Thus it is advised that candidates must not leave the English section less prepared as it helps to score good marks.
- Reading English articles, english newspapers and latest English News articles will help in improving your English vocabulary.
- Refer an English Grammar book and learn the rules of grammar for voice, tense, narration, error spotting etc as per the syllabus.
- Keep an oxford dictionary or download it in your mobile and refer it whenever you find a new word.
- Download the previous year question papers and appear for mock test once.
Topics to focus
Fill in the blanks; spot the error, Mis spelt words, Idioms and phrases, One word substitution, Active and passive voice, Comprehension passage.
2.General intelligence and Reasoning
- It is an important part of SSC CGL examination. Here the questions are prepared in way to check the general IQ level and mental understanding of the candidates.
- It is among the scoring part therefore candidates’ needs to focus in this section.
- Candidates must devote their full concentration while solving questions in this section. Therefore with ample practice you can score full marks here.
- Select the best reasoning book and start practicing questions daily.
- In reasoning, the answers always lie within the questions. Therefore all you have to do is just read each question clearly and go through it thoroughly. Various data is required while solving the reasoning questions and those data are mentioned within the questions. Thus try extracting those data and use it effectively for solving the questions.
- Short cut tricks are always helpful in solving reasoning questions. You can visit forums or blogs and find and try to find out the short cut methods of solving a particular question. This will help in consuming your time.
- Play chess to increase your thinking capacity. You can also start playing some of the IQ games in you mobile or tablet.
- Few questions in General awareness are also asked from 3D visualization. Try improving your 3D visualization by imagining objects around us viewing in 3 dimensions while taking rest.
- To solve the mathematical number series you must follow certain mathematical formula. Therefore it is beneficial to memorize the mathematical formulas for solving such questions.
Topics to focus
Semantic classification, Venn diagram, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic classification, Figural pattern- Mirror image, Number of series, water image, coding and de-coding, Solving problem
- It is the section which helps in playing the final role in the merit list of candidates. With full dedication you have the fair chance to score 130 out of 200 marks.
- This section requires more time to solve the questions. Therefore candidates are always advised to save their time from English, reasoning and general awareness in order to solve this section.
- It is not possible to solve all the questions from this section just in 2 hour. So the candidates must set target choose some of the selected topics. It is always advised not to solve the time taking questions
- Choose the best quantitative aptitude book and get detail knowledge about your syllabus.
- Try to figure out your weak and strong point. The syllabus of aptitude is vast and it might not be easy for you to go through all the sections. Some sections might not be of your interest. Therefore prepare a list of all of the selected areas of interest and start solving questions from it.
- Prepare your time table as per topic wise and dedicate your valuable time in preparing each of the topics.
- Make chart of all the required formulas and theorems and try to memorize them so that it becomes easy to solve any questions instantly.
- Try to solve the quantitative section at last as it turns out to be less time consuming.
- Don’t spend long time for a single question. If you find any question difficult then just leave it and try the next one.
Topics to focus:
Relationship between numbers, ratio, percentages, square roots, Decimal and fractions, Profit and loss, Use of tables and graphs-frequency polygon, Histogram, Pie chart, bar diagram.
To get more updates on SSC CGL Recruitment 2017 keep visiting our site www.jobs.chekrs.com. We aim to provide you the complete details in regards to the latest upcoming CGL recruitment along with the precise tips to crack the exam.In case of any query or review we welcome your comments. Your comments are valuable for us and our team will get in touch with you shortly.