21st November 2017 Today Current Affairs in English
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. Dalveer Bhandari: Re-Elected For ICJ
- Bhandari had received 183-193 votes in the general assembly and managed to secure all 15 votes in the security council held in the UN headquarters in New York.
- In the elections, Bhandari’s opposition was with UN’s British Permanent Representative Matthew Rycroft who withdrew his name from the race.
- India had nominated its Dalveer Bhandari from its side for the International Court of Justice.
- With the winning of Bhandari the UK has assured him to cooperate with India in the United Nations globally.
2. ISRO Open Ups to Private Sector
- ISRO has released tender for the private sector for Assembly, Integration and Testing of 30-35.
- The step has been taken by the institution to increase the total number of satellite launching.
3. Indian Rupee firmed up against Dollar
- The Indian rupee has noticed a rise of 5paise to 65.06 due to the rise in domestic equities.
- Earlier the week the rupee had risen to 65.11paise.
4. Indian Renewable Energy Firms among the Poorest
- The revelation has been made by the rating agency Fitch that Indian renewable energy companies are among the poorly rated grade companies in the Asia Pacific region.
- On the other hand, according to the agency, the demand for the petroleum has grown by 5% driven by strong GDP growth.
5. Union Government in agreement World Bank to raise the solar parks and technical support
- The government has signed an agreement for the IBRD/CTF loan of $98million.
- Along with it, they have also signed a Grant Agreement for US $2 million for Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project.