|Name of Paper
| Paper-I General Knowledge & General Studies
Part A – History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition, and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major landmarks in the History of Rajasthan from Pre-historic time to close of
- 18th Century, Important dynasties, their administrative and revenue system.
- Salient events of 19th & 20th centuries: Peasant & Tribal Movements. Political
- Awakening, Freedom Movement and Integration.
- Heritage of Rajasthan: Performing & Fine Art, Handicraft and Architecture;
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dance
- Important works of Rajasthani Literature and Dialects of Rajasthan.
- Saints, Lok Devtas and eminent personalities of Rajasthan
Part B – Indian History & Culture
- Indian heritage: Fine Art, Performing Art, Architecture & Literature from Indus
- Civilization to British Era.
- Religious Movements and religious philosophy in Ancient and Medieval India.
- History of Modern India from the beginning of 19th Century to 1965 AD:
- Significant events, personalities, and issues.
- Indian National Movement- Its various stages & streams, important contributors and contribution from different parts of the country.
- Socio-religious Reform Movements in 19th and 20th Century.
- Post Independence consolidation and reorganization – Accession of princely
- states & Linguistic reorganization of the states
Part C – History of Modern World
- Renaissance and Reformation.
- Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution.
- Imperialism and colonialism in Asia and Africa.
- Impact of World Wars.
Unit II- ECONOMICS
Part A- Indian Economy
- Major Sectors of Economy: Agriculture, Industry & Service- Current Status,
- Issues and Initiatives.
- Banking: Concept of Money supply & High Powered Money. Role and
- Functions of Central Bank & Commercial Banks, issues of NPA, Financial
- Inclusion. Monetary Policy- Concept, objectives & Instruments.
- Public Finance: Tax reforms in India- Direct & Indirect, subsidies- Cash
- Transfer and other related issues. Recent Fiscal Policy of India.
- Recent Trends in Indian Economy: Role of Foreign Capital, MNCs, PDS, FDI,
- Exim Policy, 12th Finance Commission, Poverty alleviation schemes.
Part B- World Economy
- Global Economic issues and trends: Role of World Bank, IMF & WTO.
- The concept of Developing, Emerging, and Developed countries.
- India in global Scenario.
- Part C- Economy of Rajasthan
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal husbandry with special
- reference to Rajasthan.
- Industrial Sector- Growth and recent trends.
- Growth, Development & Planning with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Recent development and issues in the service sector of Rajasthan.
- Major Development Projects of Rajasthan- their objectives and impact.
- Public-Private Partnership Model for Economic Transformation in Rajasthan.
- Demographic Scenario of the State and its impact on Rajasthan Economy.
Unit III- SOCIOLOGY, MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Part A- Sociology
- Development of Sociological Thought in India
- Social Values
- Caste Class & Occupation
- Varna, Ashram, Purusharth and Sanskar Vyavastha
- Issues and Problems of Society.
- Tribal community of Rajasthan: Bhil, Mina (Meena) and Garasia.
Part B- Management
- Management – Scope, concept, functions of Management – Planning,
- Organizing, Staffing, Direction, Coordination and Control, Decision-Making: concept, process, and techniques.
- The modern concept of Marketing, Marketing Mix – Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
- Objective, the concept of maximization of wealth, Sources of Finance – Short and
- Long-term, Capital Structure, Cost of Capital
- Concept and Main theories of Leadership and Motivation, Communication,
- Basics of recruitment, selection, induction, training & development, and appraisal system.
Part C- Business Administration
- Techniques of analysis of Financial statements, Basics of Working Capital
- Management, Responsibility and Social Accounting
- Meaning & Objectives of Auditing, Internal Control, Social, Performance and
- Efficiency Audit.
- Basics of different types of Budgeting, Budgetary control
|Paper –II General Knowledge and General Studies
||Unit I- Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability, and Basic Numeracy
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Number Series, Letter Series, Coding-Decoding
- Problems related to Relations
- Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram
- Problems based on Clocks, Age and Calendar
- Number system and order of Magnitude
- Simultaneous Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Ratio and Proportion, Compound Proportion
- Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and Work, Speed and Distance
- Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area
- of Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, and Cuboids
- Trigonometry Ratios and Angles
- Data Analysis (Tables, Bar-Graph, Line Graph, Pie-Chart)
- Measures of Central Tendency, Mean, Mode, Median, Standard Deviation and Variance Probability
Unit II- General Science & Technology
- Motion, laws of motion, work energy and power, rotational motion, gravitation,
- simple harmonic motion, waves
- Properties of matter, electrostatics, current electricity, moving charge and magnetism.
- Ray optics, Photoelectric effect, Nuclear physics, semiconductor devices
- Electromagnetic waves, communication systems, basics of computers, use of
- information technology in administration, e-governance, and e-commerce,
- contributions of Indian scientists in the development of science
- States of matter, Atomic structure, chemical bonding, and molecular structure,
- Thermodynamics, kinetic theory of gases, solid state, solutions, electro
- chemistry, Chemical kinetics
- A characteristic feature of life Nutrition in organisms
- The principal of inheritance and variation 6
- Human health and diseases
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity and conservation
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
Unit III- Earth Science (Geography & Geology)
Part A- World
- Broad Physical Feature: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes, and Glaciers.
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes: Types, distribution and their impact
- Earth and its Geological timescale.
- Current Geopolitical Problems.
Part B- India
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes, and Glaciers.
- Major Physiographic divisions of India.
- Climate- Origin of Monsoon, Seasonal Climatic conditions, Distribution of rainfall and climatic regions,
- Natural Resources: (a) Water, Forest, Soil
- (b) Rocks & Mineral: Types and their uses
- Population: Growth, Distribution and Density, Sex-ratio, Literacy, urban and
- Rural Population.
Part C- Rajasthan
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, and Lakes.
- Major Physiographic Regions.
- Natural Vegetation and Climate.
- Livestock, Wildlife, and its Conversation.
- Agriculture- Major Crops.
- Mineral Resources: (i) Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution and
- Industrial uses and their conservation.
- (ii)Non- Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution and
- Industrial uses and their conservation.
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non-conventional
- Population and Tribes.
|Paper-III General Knowledge and General Studies
Unit I- Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs
- Indian Constitution: Framing, Features, Amendments, Basic Structure.
- Ideological Contents: Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of
- State Policy, Fundamental Duties.
- Institutional framework- I: Parliamentary System, President, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Parliament.
- Institutional Framework- II: Federalism, Centre-State relations, Supreme Court, High Courts, Judicial Review, Judicial Activism.
- Institutional Framework- III: Election Commission of India, Comptroller and Auditor General, Union Public Service Commission, NITI Aayog, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Information Commission, National Human Rights Commission
- Political Dynamics: Role of Cast, Religion, Class, Ethnicity, Language and
- Gender in Indian Politics, Political Parties, and Electoral Behaviour, Civil
- Society and Political Movement, Issues related to National Integrity and
- Security. Potential areas of Socio-Political conflicts
- State Politics of Rajasthan: Party System, Political Demography, Different
- phases of Political competition in Rajasthan, Panchayati Raj, and Urban self
- Government Institutions
- Emerging World Order in the post-Cold War era, USA’s hegemony and its
- resistance, UN and Regional Organizations, International Terrorism and
- Environmental issues.
- Foreign Policy of India: Evolution, Determinants, India’s relations with USA,
- China, Russia, and European Union, India’s role in UN, NAM, BRICS, G- 20,
- G- 77 and SAARC.
- Geopolitical and Strategic development in South Asia, South East Asia and
- West Asia and their impact on India.
- Current Affairs: Current events, persons and places of Rajasthan, National and
- international importance, recent activities related to games and sports.
Unit II- Concepts, Issues, and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Administration and management: Meaning, nature, and significance. It’s role in developed & developing societies. Evolution of Public Administration as a discipline, new public administration, Theories of public administration.
- Concepts of power, authority, legitimacy, responsibility, and delegation.
- Principles of organization: Hierarchy, Span of control and unity of command
- Functions of management, Corporate governance and social responsibility
- New dimensions of public management, management of change.
- Aptitude and foundational values of civil services: integrity, impartiality, and non-partisanship, dedication to public service, the relationship between generalists and specialists.
- Legislative & Judicial control over administration: various methods and techniques of legislative & judicial control.
- Administrative setup, administrative culture in Rajasthan: Governor, Chief Minister, Council of Ministers, State Secretariat and Chief Secretary.
- District administration: organization, the role of District Collector and
- Superintendent of Police, Sub-divisional and Tehsil administration.
- Development Administration: Meaning, Scope and Characteristics.
- State Human Rights Commission, State Election Commission, Lokayukt, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, Public Service Guarantee Act, 2011
Unit III- Administrative Ethics, Behavior, and Law
Part A- Administrative Ethics
- Administrative Ethics: Ethics and human interface: Essence, Determinants, and Consequences of ethic and human actions-Moral values (rights and Duties; Good and Virtues), Cardinal virtues of Plato, Utilitarianism- J.S. Mill, Freedom of will and moral responsibility
- Kantian ethics, Ethics of Bhagavad Gita and its role in the administration.
- The dimension of ethics: Role of administrators in society and educational institution in the inculcating Ethics in private and public relationships- Behaviour, Moral and Political attitudes of administrators.
Part B – Behavior
- Intelligence: Cognitive intelligence, Social intelligence, Emotional intelligence, Cultural intelligence and Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligence.
- Personality: Psychoanalytical theories, Trait and Type theories, Determinants of personality and Assessment of personality.
- Learning and Motivation: styles of learning, Models of memory, causes of forgetting. Classification and types of motives, Theories of work motivation, Assessment of motivation
- Meeting Life Challenges: Stress: Nature, type, Sources, Symptoms, Effects, Stress Management, Promotion of Positive health and well being.
- Concepts of Law: Ownership and possession, Personality, Liability, Rights, and Duties.
- Contemporary Legal issues: Right to information, Information technology law including cyber laws (concepts, purpose, prospects), Intellectual Property Rights (concepts, types, purpose, prospects)
- Crimes against Women and Children: Domestic Violence, Sexual Harassment the work place, the protection of children from sexual offenses Act 2012, Laws related to child labor.
- Important Land Laws in Rajasthan: Rajasthan Land Revenue Act, 1956; Rajasthan Tenancy Act, 1955
|Paper – IV General Hindi and General English
||Part A- Grammar & Usage
- Correction of Sentences: 10 sentences for correction with errors related to Articles & Determiners
- Tenses & Sequence of Tenses
- Voice- Active & Passive
- Narration- Direct & Indirect
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Phrasal Verbs & Idioms
- One Word Substitute
- Words often Confused or Misused
Part B- Comprehension, Translation & Precis Writing
- Comprehension of an Unseen Passage (250 Words approximately) 05 Questions based on the passage. Question No. 05 should preferably be on vocabulary.
- Translation of five sentences from Hindi to English.
- Precis Writing (a short passage of approximately
Part C- Composition & Letter Writing (30 Marks)
- Paragraph Writing- Any 01 paragraph out of 03 given topics (approximately 200 words)
- Elaboration of a given theme (Any 1 out of 3, approximately 150 words)
- Letter Writing or Report Writing (approximately 150 words)