10th November 2017 Today Current Affairs in English
1. Odd-Even Scheme Back In Delhi
- The scheme will be implemented in the city for the third time.
- The implementation has been implemented by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).
2. Rajasthan High Court Restrains the Increased OBC Quota’s Implementation
- The decision to implement it has been delayed as High Court orders the state government to take permission from the Supreme Court.
- As per state government decision, the 5% of the additional quota was reserved for the category.
3. The fifth union budget to come in the month of Feb
- The finance minister Arun Jaitley will present the fifth consecutive budget on 1st of February.
- This will be the last NDA (National Democratic Alliance) full budget to be presented before the 2019 elections.
4. Bangladesh and India Inaugurates the “Bandhan”
- Both the countries celebrated its ties by inaugurating the new train “Bandhan Express”
- It is a weekly train which will run from Kolkata to Khulna (Bangladesh southwestern industrial city).
- The inauguration was led through the video conferencing led by Sheik Hasina, PM Modi and Mamta Banerjee.
5. Government to Finalize a New Education Policy
- Programs like Swayam and much more will be initiated to promote online learning.
- The focus of the initiatives will be to make the education system learner-centric rather than teacher-centric.
- The announcement was made by the HRD ministry’s joint secretary Dr. N Sarvana Kumar in the 13th FICCI Higher Education Summit.