15th November 2017 Current Affairs in English
1. Nepal-China dam deal canceled
- The deal was finalized for Budhi Gandaki hydropower project with the Chinese company.
- It is expected that the project might be won by
2. India-Philippines Bilateral Meeting, Signs 4 Pacts
- The pacts have been signed in the bilateral meeting organized on the sidelines of the ASEAN Summit.
- The major concern pitched in the meeting was terrorism, extremism and China’s intent to dominate the region.
3. Exceptional Achievement awarded on Children’s Day
- On the eve of 14th November; Children’ s Day President Ram Nath Kovind along with Dr. Virendra Kumar (Minister of State for Women & Child Development) celebrated the day by awarding exceptional children.
- Akash Manoj from Tamil Nadu won the Gold.
4. Rosogolla Originates From West Bengal, GI
- An issue was raised in the past few days between West Bengal and Odisha regarding the claiming of origination of popular sweet dish Rosogolla.
- The GI(Graphical Indication) registry made the announcement.
- It provides certifications on the basis of geography and community belongings.
5. UGC NET Syllabus to Be Revised
- The syllabus will be revised for the first time in a decade.
- As per sources the reason behind the change is the change in the curriculum of the colleges over the years.
- UGC (University Grant Commission) conducts NET (National Eligibility Test) across the country to test the eligibility of teachers in college.