18th November 2017 Current Affairs in English
1. India and Russia To Boost Trade And Investments
- The bilateral communication between both the countries was negotiated in a meeting held between Commerce and Industry Ministry head Suresh Prabhu and Russia’s Economic Development Minister Maxim Oreshkin.
2. Bill Gates Will Keep Funding Uttar Pradesh
- Bill Gates has been donating in several villages of Uttar Pradesh for fighting against chronic diseases since 2012.
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have been working for Japanese Encephalitis (JE) and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES), diseases that claim the lives of hundreds of children every year.
- The BMGF will also investment and strengthen the National Institute of Virology.
3. Mugabe Running Out of Options
- The Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe’s President own ruling party ZANU-PF wants him to step down now. Also, a senior member of his party has warned if he remains stubborn he will be fired.
- Mugabe has owned the position for a long time and calls himself the ‘Grand Old Man’ of the country.
4. 33rd National Junior Athletics: Updates
- Lokesh from Bengaluru ended up winning the U-18 boys long jump by taking a leap of 7.43 meter.
- Two national records also fell on the day as Haryana’s Dipender Dapas and set the short put record pushing to 20.99m.
- Vikas Yadav from Maharashtra set the mark in the Javelin throw for 74.73.
5. Open Golf Championship: Baisoya in the lead
- Honey Baisoya shot 5 under 67 that kept him in the lead.
- Udayan Rane gave him a tough competition while Harendra Gupta and Himmat Rai also stayed ahead in the