- 22nd November 2017 Today Current Affairs in English
- 1. Indian Space Projects strengthened by International Space Cooperation
- 2. Dehradun Wildlife Institute: Tigers count in check soon through App
- 3. IMBAX 2017: Indian and Myanmar begins joint army exercise
- 4. Government of India signs MoU under UDAY
- 5. WTA: Karman and Pranjala advances
22nd November 2017 Today Current Affairs in English
1. Indian Space Projects strengthened by International Space Cooperation
- The foreign secretary S. Jaishankar has called up over 200 treaties for strengthening the space projects and its assets.
- The conference was organized in collaboration with the ISRO and the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The agreements have been made with over more than 40 countries and international organizations.
2. Dehradun Wildlife Institute: Tigers count in check soon through App
- The app is named M-Stripes (Monitoring System for Tigers-Intensive Protection and Ecological Status) which is aimed to get count this year for All-India Tiger Estimation.
- The application has been developed by the Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun itself.
- The national tiger estimate is done in every four years which started in 2006.
3. IMBAX 2017: Indian and Myanmar begins joint army exercise
- IMBAX stands for the India-Myanmar Bilateral Military Exercise which will be a 6 day event being held in Meghalaya.
- This is a positive bilateral step taken between the two neighboring countries.
4. Government of India signs MoU under UDAY
- The MoU (Memorandum of Understanding has been signed under the UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana) with the state of Nagaland, union territory Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra & Nagar Haveli & Daman & Diu.
- With this new agreement the Uday
- The ministry of Power had launched the UDAY according to which the states are provided operational improvements, reduction in cost of power generation and development of renewable energy is promoted.
5. WTA: Karman and Pranjala advances
- In the event of Mumbai Open of the Women Tennis Association Karman Kaur Thandi and Y. Pranjala combine advances to get their first win.
- Their victory was against Australia in the doubles pre-quarterfinals.