26th October 2017 Current Affairs, Today GK Updates
1. The Gujarat is all set for assembly elections.
- BJP is in power in the state since 22 years.
- The Chief Election Commissioner of India is Achal Kumar Joti (AK Jyoti).
2. Rajasthan state assembly increased the quota for the backward classes.
- A Bill in 2017 was proposed to increase the reservation quota for OBC
- The quota has increased from 21% to 26%.
- Extra 5% sub-quota has been given to the Gujjars and 4 other communities.
3. In the Rajasthan Criminal Law, an amendment bill has been proposed for government servants.
- The bill has been proposed by the BJP government headed by Smt. Vasundhara Raje (Chief Minister).
- The bill seeks to replace the September 7 Ordinance from the code of criminal procedure in the state.
- According to it the government servants cannot be investigated without sanctioning by head officials.
4. BJP government and Arun Jaitley to mark regulation of demonetization as “Anti-Black Money Day”.
- November 8, 2016 demonetisation was regulated across the country.
- 500 and 1000 old currency ban was implemented on this day.
- Arun Jaitely is the current Finance Minister of India.
5. Linking of Aadhar Number to get mandatory by March 2018.
- The Supreme Court has released the order.
- According to the recent actions the linking of Aadhar number to all schemes is compulsory or strict actions will be taken.
6. Ruler of Saudi Arabia promises its citizens to give a moderate life.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the countries still ruled by king.
- Mohammed Bin Salman is the prince of the country.
7. Indian Hockey team won its third match of Sultan of Johor Cup against the USA.
- Sardara Singh is the current hockey team captain of Indian team.
8. England enters in the FIFA U17 Finals beating Brazil.
- FIFA U-17 is hosted by India.
- The matches are being played in the stadiums of Kolkata.
- The matches will be played form 8th October- 28th
- India got is hosting rights on 5th December 2013.