25th November 2017 Current Affairs in English
- 25th November 2017 Current Affairs in English
- 1. SBI launches its integrated digital platform YONO
- 2. Bamboo No More a Tree, Declares President
- 3. DANX-17 Exercise in Andaman And Nicobar Ends
- 4. India’s ratings unchanged: S&P
- 5. IMD Rankings: India moves up to 3 steps
- 6. Government to Set Up A New Panel To Draft New Tax Law
1. SBI launches its integrated digital platform YONO
- YONO “You Only Need One” is India’s first integrated platform for the lifestyle and banking services.
- For enhanced user experience the lifestyle needs platform will include 14 categories such as booking, renting, travel, healthcare, dining, entertainment, etc.
2. Bamboo No More a Tree, Declares President
- The President Ram Nath Kovind has recently made an announcement according to which the bamboo is no more a tree.
- The amendment has been done under Indian Forest Ordinance 2017. Before this the bamboo according to 1927 forest act the bamboo was declared tree making it illegal to cut it.
- The decision has been taken as the plantation of Bamboo grows out easily and hence making enough plantations for transportation.
3. DANX-17 Exercise in Andaman And Nicobar Ends
- The exercise was done to practice and validate the procedure of drills and command forces to teach strategic defending.
- The drill was conducted from 20th to 24th
4. India’s ratings unchanged: S&P
- The Standard and Poor’s kept India’s rating with the stable outlook.
- The reason cited for an unchanged rating is the low per capita income and the sizable deficit.
5. IMD Rankings: India moves up to 3 steps
- India has managed to move up to 51 (3 steps ahead) after it has managed to attract develop and retain the talent in the leading business school IMD.
- The Switzerland has managed to be on the top of the rankings.
6. Government to Set Up A New Panel To Draft New Tax Law
- The urge of the changes has been developed as after 50 years of old income tax need to be sync with the economic needs of the country.
- The Modi felt the need to change the laws as the last time Income Tax Act was drafted was in 1961.
- The committee to set up will include Arbind Modi, CBDT Member (Legislation), Mansi Kedia (Consultant, ICRIER), Girish Ahuja (chartered accountant) and Rajiv Memani (Chairman and Regional Managing Partner of EY).