4th November Current Affairs in English | Hindi
1. India invests Rs 68000croe in Food and Agriculture sector
- The international companies ITC, Patanjali, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola had signed MoU for the investment.
- The initiation was taken on the inaugural day of Word Food India 2017 i.e 3rd November 2017.
- The Union Minister of Food Processing is Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
2. “Jugaad” and many other Hindi words in Oxford Dictionary
- In the 0xford dictionary, approximately 700 new words have been added.
- From the bucket list, these 70 words have been added in the recent update of the dictionary.
- Words are: Abba, Achcha, Anna, Bachcha, Bada Din, Bada, Bapu, Bas, Bhindi, Chacha, Chakka Jam, Chamcha, Chaudhuri, Chhi-Chhi, Chup, Dadagiri, Desh, Devi, Didi, Diya, Dum, Funda, Gosht, Gulab Jamun, Gully, Haat, Jai, Jhuggi, Ji, Jugaad, Keema, Kund, Maha, Mata, Mirch Masala, Mirch, Nagar, Nai, Namkeen, Natak, Nivas, Sevak, Sevika, Surya Namaskar, Tappa, Timepass, Udyog, Vada, Ek Dum, Speed Breaker, Blank Call, Hydel, Lunch Home.
3. SC announced the correspondence engineering degrees invalid
- The Supreme Court has given a declaration that the engineering degrees provided by the deemed universities over past 16 years are invalid.
- The decision was taken as it has been noted that the UGC (University Grants Commission) and AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) didn’t approve distance learning programmed in engineering.
4. India headed to Finals in Asia Cup
- The Indian Hockey team managed to win against the Japan and earned their position in finals.
- India will have to play against China in the finals.
- Gurjit Kaur, Navjot Kaur and Lalremsiami’s goals are promising good performance in the finals as well.
5. Writer Krishna Sobti will be awarded Gyanpith Puruskar
- The Hindi writer “Krishna Sobti” at 92 will get be awarded the Gyanpith Puruskar.
- She has also been awarded Sahitya Akademi Award for her book Jindginama.