6th November 2017 Current Affairs in English
1. Paradise Papers, India on 19th Number in offshoring of Taxes
- The investigation has been done by ICIJ (International Consortium of Investigative Journalists).
- As per the revelations largest firms like Apply by and Asiaciti Trust helps the rich and powerful people move offshore their money aboard.
- The India has been ranked 19th among 180 countries in the list in terms of names and numbers.
- Indian Popular Names in the list were: Amitabh Bachchan, Jayant Sinha.
- Queen Elizabeth, Wilbur Ross and Chairman of Fortis Escorts are alleged to hold stakes.
2. Indian Women Hockey Team crowned as Asian Champions
- The women hockey team finally won the Asia Cup which was headed by the captain Rani Rampal.
- It is the second hockey cup won by the India. First was won in 2004.
3. Indian women players assured of medals in semis of Asian Boxing Championship
- Player L Sarita Devi and Sonia Lather advanced to the semifinals in the Asian Women Boxing Championship on Sunday.
4. 17th National Para-Swimming begins
- The event is taking place at Udaipur
- It will be a 3-day event where the disabled swimmers from almost 25 states of the country will be participating.
5. China will begin construction of the highest planetarium
- The planetarium will have the largest optical astronomical telescope with a 1-meter diameter of the lens.
- It will have the highest altitude of the planetarium for people to watch the galaxy.
Read Also:Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer