27th November 2017 Current Affairs in English
1. AIBA Event: India grabs 4 Gold medals
- On 26th November the International Boxing Association (AIBA) World Women Youth Championships concluded while favoring to India.
- Indian women boxers viz. Nitu, Jyoti Gulia, Sakshi Choudhary and Shashi Chopra won 4 gold medals.
- Also there were 2 bronze secured in the event.
2. Shubhangi Swaroop becomes the first Indian Navy Pilot
- Shubhnagi Swaroop is all set to be the first women to fly a maritime reconnaissance aircraft of the Navy.
- Apart from Indian women has also been recognized in Navy’s Armament Division which was considered for men only. Women cadets Astha Segal from New Delhi, Roopa A from Puducherry and Sakthi Maya S from Kerala has been appointed for the duty.
3. ISRO Aditya L1 Mission all set to be launched
- From the Indian Space Research Organization a new satellite will launch namely Aditya-L1.
- The project will be launching with the halo orbit around Lagrangian point L1.
- This is the first solar mission of 2019.
4. Asian Marathon Championship: Gopi creates history
- Gopi Thonakal creates history by being the first Indian man to win the title of Asian Marathon Championship.
- In the championships organized by the Asian Athletics Association Gopi won gold medal in the 16th edition of the event.
- In 1985 Asha Agarwal had won the gold medal when the biennial Asian Track and Field was part of the championships.