2nd November Current Affairs | Daily GK Questions
- 2nd November Current Affairs | Daily GK Questions
- 1. India-Bhutan celebrate its ties, held the first summit after the Doklam Issue
- 2. Goa, the safest place for women in India to live
- 3. Bullet Train Project Might not be successful; 40%seats running vacant currently
- 4. Medals haul for India in the Commonwealth Championships
- 5. Bronze to India in the WBL Billiards Championship
- 6. Ashish Nehra finally retired
1. India-Bhutan celebrate its ties, held the first summit after the Doklam Issue
- The Bhutan royal family: King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk along with the queen and the prince Jigme Namgyel Wangchuk has come on a 3-day visit to India.
- The family was greeted by the Indian PM, Narendra Modi, President Ramnath Kovind and External Affair Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- The King appreciated and thanked India’s support at the Doklam crisis and the support in the socio-economic development of the country.
- The Doklam crisis was the tension between the India and Bhutan due to the invading of the China in the Bhutan region. The China had also stopped the pilgrims to visit the Kailash Mansarovar.
2. Goa, the safest place for women in India to live
- The stats have been revealed by the Women and Child Development Ministry through the Gender Vulnerability Index (GVI) on the basis of education, health, poverty and protection against violence.
- The safest states in India for the women are Goa followed by Kerala, Mizoram, Sikkim and Manipur.
- States, where the women are most vulnerable (unsafe) are Bihar, Jharkhand, UP, Arunachal Pradesh and Delhi.
3. Bullet Train Project Might not be successful; 40%seats running vacant currently
- As per the information provided by RTI, the western railway is already in the loss as 40% of the seats in the trains remain vacant.
- PM Modi had made plans in collaboration with Shinzo Abe (Japam PM) to run the Bullet Train for the Route of Ahmadabad to Mumbai.
4. Medals haul for India in the Commonwealth Championships
- From the men pistol shooters Shahzar Rizvi won gold, Omkar Sing won silver and Jitu Rai ended winning up bronze.
- In the 10m Air Rifle Shooting events Megha, Pooja Ghatakar and Anjum Moudgil secured 3rd, 4th and 6th
- Shooter Pooja won gold with score of 249.8 in the final while Anjum bagged bronze with a score of 248.7.
5. Bronze to India in the WBL Billiards Championship
- Players Rupesh Shah and Sourav Kothari won the bronze medal losing in Semi Final at the event.
6. Ashish Nehra finally retired
- Ashish Nehra the left-arm pacer in the Indian Cricket team took retirement at the age of 38.
- He served 19 years of career winning the badge of fastest bowlers.
- He played the last match against New Zealand in the Ferozeshah Kotla which was won by the team.