4th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English| Daily GK Quiz Update
1. 3rd May, World Press Freedom day
- The date of 3rd May each year is celebrated as World Press Freedom, initiated by UNESCO in order to defend the freedom and fundamental principles of press.
- This year, i.e. in 2018 it was 25th celebration of World Press Freedom Day celebrated with the global theme is ‘Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law.
- The world press freedom was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 1993.
- 557% की बढ़ोतरी दर्ज की गई।
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. Maharashtra becomes the first state going digital receipts
- Maharashtra has recently became the first state to provide digitally-signed land record receipts which are also known as 7/12 receipts.
- The 7/12 receipt will be the important document to establish the ownership of the land, and is primarily used by farmers while applying for loans.
- According to CM Devendra Fadnavis the step has been taken to keep a check on irregularities and avoid the delays in obtaining authentication.
3. India enters in list of top five defence spenders
- In the recent report of SIPRI (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute), India entered the club of the world’s five biggest military spenders for the previous year i.e. 2017.
- India spent $63.9 billion on defence in the year 2017.
- India was on the fifth spot after the US, China, Saudi Arabia and Russia.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. ‘To Be a Machine’ wins Wellcome Book Prize
- The book ‘To be a machine’ of Irish author Mark O’Connell’s has been awarded the Wellcome Book Prize 2018.
- The Wellcome Book Prize is an annual award in Britain which awards books for its theme medicine, health or illness.
- ‘To be a machine’ is debut novel of the author which narrated Trans-humanism and how technology and medicine are merging.