- 23rd April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK News
- 1. 22nd April, World Earth Day
- 2. Civil Service Day; Prime Minister Presents awards
- 3. First Ever International SME Convention-2018 in New Delhi
- 4. Time’s 100 most influential list, 7 Indians in the list
- 5. India wins 10 gold medals at 8th South Asian Judo Championship
23rd April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK News
1. 22nd April, World Earth Day
- Each year, 23rd of the April month is celebrated as the Earth Day.
- The theme for this year was: End Plastic Pollution.
- The global movement of Earth Day was firstly started in United States of America in 1970 which is now spread in 192 countries.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf Click Here
2. Civil Service Day; Prime Minister Presents awards
- Shri Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on the eve of Civil Services Day presents awards for excellence in implementation of Priority Programs and to the civil servants.
- 10 awards were given for 5 identified Priority Programs while 2 under the innovation category.
- Under the innovation category: Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh was awarded for initiative “Cashless Village Palnar“ and Dungarpur district of Rajasthan was given award for initiative “Solar Urja Lamps Project”.
3. First Ever International SME Convention-2018 in New Delhi
- The industry of MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) has recently engaged with the 35 international trade development organizations during the first ever organized SME convention.
- During the event, 150 participants and 400 entrepreneurs from over 31 countries participated in the 4 day event.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. Time’s 100 most influential list, 7 Indians in the list
- The Indian top in the list are: Raghuram Rajan, where the Times magazine termed him as the “India’s prescient banker”.
- Other most influential people from different categories were, Sania Mirza and Virat Kohli from sports, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Sachin and Binny Bansal (the Flipkart founders), Bhavesh Aggarwal (founder of Ola) Sundar Pichai, Sunita Barain (activist).
5. India wins 10 gold medals at 8th South Asian Judo Championship
- In the event of South Asian Judo Championship being held in Nepal, India won total 10 gold medals.
- 7 gold medals were won by the Indian women while the men players won 3 medals from 7 medals in the individual tally.
- Divesh won first gold for the country.