11th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Latest GK Quiz
1. 11th April: Jyotirao Phule & KL Saigal’s Birth Anniversary
- Jyotirao Phule was the pioneer of women’s education and first Indian to open a school for girls.
- Jyotiba Phule is known for his untouchability and the caste system, women’s emancipation and the reform of Hindu family life.
- Phule got the title of Mahatma on 11 May 1888 by another social reformer from Bombay, Vithalrao Krishnaji Vandekar.
- KL Saigal aka Kundanlal Saigal is a renowned Indian singer and actor who were considered as first superstar of Bollywood.
- Saigal got his break in Bollywood in 1932 but he was first acknowledged in ‘Puran Bhagat’.
- Born on April 11, 1904 in Jammu, Saigan sang for more than 200 songs and acted in 36 feature films before dying at early age of 42 years in 1947.
Today's Latest GK Current Affairs Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/13RZ1Ho1aw9-1oBaMsjrthODFJ3gn6q2c/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Indian Railways induct country’s first electric locomotive train
- With the 12,000 horsepower Indian Railways has inducted first electric locomotive train from the Madhepura loco factory in Bihar.
- With this project, India is listed in elite countries having names like Russia, China, Germany and Sweden.
- The train wi9ll be used as freight train for transport of coal and iron ore.
- The trains has been made under the make in India project, according to which every year 100 locos will be produced to reach the target of 800.
3. Common Wealth games 2018: Indian players clinch bronze
- Indian shooter Om Prakash Mitharval won the bronze medal in the men’s 50m pistol.
- Meanwhile, Sachin Chaudhary also managed to get gold in the heavyweight category in para powerlifting.
- Sachin Chaudhary is the hird Indian to win a medal in the Games after Ranjith Kumar Jayaseelan at the 2006 Melbourne Games.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Moogi Sahithi Varshini wins gold in international Tourney
- Moogi Sahithi Varshini from Vizag has won two gold medals plus a bronze medal in the Asian Chess Championships 2018 in under 12 category.
- The medal have been won in Rapid, Classical and Blitz formats as well as gold medals in all of the three team events as well.
- In the overall event India secured the top spot bagging 35 gold medals, 19 silver medals and 14 bronze medals.