5th April 2018 Current Affairs GK In English- Daily General Knowledge Updates
- 5th April 2018 Current Affairs GK In English- Daily General Knowledge Updates
- 1. April 5th: National Maritime Day
- 2. MHRD sets panel for paper leaks
- 3. India-Bangladesh container train flagged off for trail run
- 4. India third most vulnerable country to cyber threats
- 5. India-Japan-US trilateral talks to be held in New Delhi
- 6. First US shale gas reaches India
1. April 5th: National Maritime Day
- April 5 is marked as the National Maritime Day every year because in back dates in 1919 an Indian ship undertook its maiden voyage from Bombay to London.
- This year it is the 55th year of celebration for which theme is “Indian Shipping – An Ocean of opportunity”.
- One the eve Varun Award is being conferred for outstanding contribution to the Indian maritime sector to the deservers.
Today's Latest GK Current Affairs Questions Answer Click Here
2. MHRD sets panel for paper leaks
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has constituted a ‘high-power committee’ to examine the system of conducting Class 10 and Class 12 exams.
- The High Power Committee will be headed by the Vinay Sheel Oberoi as the chair person of seven-member committee. He is the retired secretary of higher education.
- Other members of the panel include Pavnesh Kumar (retired CBSE controller of examinations) and JS Rajput (former NCERT chairman).
- The report for Class 10th and 12th CBSE paper leaks will be submitted by May 31st.
3. India-Bangladesh container train flagged off for trail run
- The trial run of the first container train between India and Bangladesh was flagged off from Kolkata city.
- For the trial basis the train has carried 60 containers loaded with approx 1,200 tonnes of de-oiled cake, used as a raw material for animal feed.
- The train will travel Sealdah, Naihati, Ranaghat and Gede in India and Darsana and Ishurdi in Bangladesh to reach Bangabandhu.
- On present the trade between India and Bangladesh is largely road-based which takes almost a month to reach Bangladesh.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. India third most vulnerable country to cyber threats
- A report namely ‘Internet Security Threat Report’ has been released recently by Symantec which is a security solutions provider.
- According to the reports India has emerged as the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats for malware, spam and ransomware in the preceding year.
- Other top charted countries were US at first followed China.
- The rapidly increasing cyber and personal security threat is the “cryptojacking”.
5. India-Japan-US trilateral talks to be held in New Delhi
- The crucial dialogue between the three leading democratic powers of the Indo-Pacific region i.e. India-Japan-US will be held in New Delhi.
- The India-Japan-US trilateral meeting was launched in December 2011.
- However, the last ministerial dialogue was held in New York in September 2017.
6. First US shale gas reaches India
- The India’s very first liquefied natural gas cargo from the United States has landed at the Dabhol in Maharashtra.
- The oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan disclosed that the arrival of LNG is the long-term contract with the US-based Cheniere Inc resulted from the Indo-US energy partnership and trade.
- The Indo-US trade has been rising 11.4 per cent each year which was $126.1 billion in 2017.