5th April 2018 Current Affairs GK In English- Daily General Knowledge Updates
1. April 5th: National Maritime Day
- April 5 is marked as the National Maritime Day every year because in back dates in 1919 an Indian ship undertook its maiden voyage from Bombay to London.
- This year it is the 55th year of celebration for which theme is “Indian Shipping – An Ocean of opportunity”.
- One the eve Varun Award is being conferred for outstanding contribution to the Indian maritime sector to the deservers.
Today's Latest GK Current Affairs Questions Answer [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://jobs.chekrs.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/5th-April-Current-affairs.pdf"]Click Here[/button]
2. MHRD sets panel for paper leaks
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has constituted a ‘high-power committee’ to examine the system of conducting Class 10 and Class 12 exams.
- The High Power Committee will be headed by the Vinay Sheel Oberoi as the chair person of seven-member committee. He is the retired secretary of higher education.
- Other members of the panel include Pavnesh Kumar (retired CBSE controller of examinations) and JS Rajput (former NCERT chairman).
- The report for Class 10th and 12th CBSE paper leaks will be submitted by May 31st.
3. India-Bangladesh container train flagged off for trail run
- The trial run of the first container train between India and Bangladesh was flagged off from Kolkata city.
- For the trial basis the train has carried 60 containers loaded with approx 1,200 tonnes of de-oiled cake, used as a raw material for animal feed.
- The train will travel Sealdah, Naihati, Ranaghat and Gede in India and Darsana and Ishurdi in Bangladesh to reach Bangabandhu.
- On present the trade between India and Bangladesh is largely road-based which takes almost a month to reach Bangladesh.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. India third most vulnerable country to cyber threats
- A report namely ‘Internet Security Threat Report’ has been released recently by Symantec which is a security solutions provider.
- According to the reports India has emerged as the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats for malware, spam and ransomware in the preceding year.
- Other top charted countries were US at first followed China.
- The rapidly increasing cyber and personal security threat is the “cryptojacking”.
5. India-Japan-US trilateral talks to be held in New Delhi
- The crucial dialogue between the three leading democratic powers of the Indo-Pacific region i.e. India-Japan-US will be held in New Delhi.
- The India-Japan-US trilateral meeting was launched in December 2011.
- However, the last ministerial dialogue was held in New York in September 2017.
6. First US shale gas reaches India
- The India’s very first liquefied natural gas cargo from the United States has landed at the Dabhol in Maharashtra.
- The oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan disclosed that the arrival of LNG is the long-term contract with the US-based Cheniere Inc resulted from the Indo-US energy partnership and trade.
- The Indo-US trade has been rising 11.4 per cent each year which was $126.1 billion in 2017.