24th March 2018 Current Affairs In English, Today GK News & Questions
- 24th March 2018 Current Affairs In English, Today GK News & Questions
- 1. World Tuberculosis Day, India aims to eliminate it by 2025
- 2. First ever Indian sign language dictionary launched
- 3. Air India makes history by using Saudi Arabia Air Space
- 4. John Bolter is the new replacement of US National Security Advisor
1. World Tuberculosis Day, India aims to eliminate it by 2025
- 24th March 2018, World Tuberculosis Day which has been celebrated to mark the progress towards eliminating the disease.
- The Tuberculosis day came into existence back when in 1882 when Dr. Robert Koch discovered the bacterium that causes TB.
- Indian President Ram Nath Kovind, attended the Delhi End TB Summit where he discusses to eliminate the disease from India by 2025.
2. First ever Indian sign language dictionary launched
- The Social Justice and Empowerment Minister, Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched first ever ‘Indian Sign Language’ (ISL).
- The dictionary contains 3000 words which aim to give deaf people constitutional right to speech and expression while bringing them in main stream.
- The dictionary has been developed by Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC).
3. Air India makes history by using Saudi Arabia Air Space
- For the first time Air India’s flight has landed to Tel Aviv using the Saudi Arabia’s airspace for the first time.
- It is the first time when Saudi Arabia has allowed any commercial flight to use its space.
- Israel is not recognized by the Islamic and Arab nations, however due to tie ups with India, permission has been given and thus Air India’s AI 139 becomes maiden flight to use the shorter route.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK QuestionsClick Here
4. John Bolter is the new replacement of US National Security Advisor
- President Donald Trump has given the position of US National Security Adviser to John Bolter.
- The position has been given to him replacing Gen McMaster.
- John Bolton previously has been United Nations ambassador.