13th March 2018 Current Affairs In English, Daily GK Questions
- 13th March 2018 Current Affairs In English, Daily GK Questions
- 1. Suresh Prabhu gets additional charge of Civil Aviation Ministry
- 2. India awarded “Best Exhibitor Award” at ITB
- 3. First ever multi-nation naval MILES-18 held in Andaman
- 4. Diu becomes the first Union Territory to be 100% solar energy efficient
- 5. India beat Sri Lanka in Nidhas Trohpy
1. Suresh Prabhu gets additional charge of Civil Aviation Ministry
- Suresh Prabhu has given the charge for Ministry of Civil Aviation after the resignation of Ashok Gajapathi Raju belonging from Telugu Desam Party.
- Suresh Prabhu is also Commerce and Industries Minister.
- The service session of Ashok Gajapathi Raju lasted from 26 May 2014 to 8 March 2018.
2. India awarded “Best Exhibitor Award” at ITB
- In the event of ITB-Berlin World Tourist Meet, India won the “Best Exhibitor Award”.
- The representative of India in the event was Minister of State for Tourism K. J.
- In the event, India’s Ministry of Tourism also presented a short film named “Yogi of the Racetrack”.
- In the 10th edition of MILAN 2018, first-ever multi-nation naval exercise at sea was held at the Andaman Sea.
- It also had enabled honing of search and rescue operations procedures, maritime interdiction operations, core operational skills and exercise and variety of maritime security scenarios.
- 11 naval ships of 8 countries (Australia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand) and nine Indian ships had participated in MILES-18.
4. Diu becomes the first Union Territory to be 100% solar energy efficient
- The Union Territory of India, Diu becomes the first and only region across the country to be 100% solar energy efficient.
- Diu has now also become one of the major tourist attractions for showcasing an effective way to people to harness this particular renewable energy source.
- Diu generates a total of 13 megawatts of electricity for the geographical area of just 42 sq km.
5. India beat Sri Lanka in Nidhas Trohpy
- In the fourth match of Nidahas Trophy Twenty20 International India beat Sri Lanka by 6 wickets
- The match was being held at R. Premadasa International Cricket Stadium.
- India achieved the victory after giving only 152 runs for 9 wickets to Sri Lanka.