9th March 2018 Current Affairs In English, Today GK Questions
1. India-China trade hits records turns historic in 2017
- The India and China bilateral trade hit a historic high of US$84.44 billion in 2017 despite the bilateral tensions.
- The bilateral trade for the first time crossed the US$80 billion mark dominated by the imports of Chinese imports while the Indian exports to China increased by 40%.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to visit China in June this year to take part in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit.
2. India in the list of top 7 Asian destinations for expat working women
- According to the HSBC survey, India has featured among top seven Asian countries which is preferred by expat women to work.
- Other Asian countries ahead of India are Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, China and Malaysia.
- The survey was done in 159 countries where Hong Kong was found to be the best country in Asia.
3. India set to achieve 20GW solar energy this fiscal year
- The parliament of India has provided information that India is close to achieve 20GW solar power as 19.58GW already in hand.
- According to India’s Central Electricity Authority India’s wind power generation capacity is 32.8 GW.
- India’s Power and new & renewable energy minister R K Singh.
4. NITI Aayog Launches Women Entrepreneurship Platform
- On the occasion of International Women’s day, the CEO of NITI Ayog Amitabh Kant launched WEP platform.
- The Women Entrepreneurship Platform is aimed at scaling up innovative initiatives long-term businesses strategies for women while making it sustainable.
- Also on the day, the MSME launched “Udyam Sakhi” portal for women entrepreneurs.
- NITI Ayog Stands for National Institution for Transforming India while MSME for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
5. Nidahas Trophy: India beat Bangladesh by 6 wickets
- In the event of Nidahas Trophy Twenty20 International (T20I) India defeated Bangladesh.
- The Bangladesh was restricted by Indian team to chase 139 runs and the match was won by 6 wickets.
- The match was played at R.Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka.