21st February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. PM Modi to inaugurate UP Investors’ Summit
- The UP Investors summit will be inaugurated by the PM Narendra Modi which is focused at showcasing investment opportunities and potential across various sectors in Uttar Pradesh.
- Approximately 5,000 delegates are scheduled to attend the two-day summit and over 100 speakers will be addressing gatherings.
- This is the first such event by the Yogi Adityanath government.
2. Cabinet approves rail cooperation agreement with Morocco
- PM Narendra Modi gave approval for the cooperation between India and Moroccan National Railways Office for partnership in railway sector.
- The agreement will enable technical cooperation in training and staff development; expert missions, exchange of experience and personnel; and mutual technical assistance.
- The agreement was signed last year in December including one for the health sector as well.
3. India test fires Agni-II missile
- India on Tuesday test-fired its medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile with a strike ranges of 2,000 km.
- Agni-II was developed by the Advanced Systems Laboratory along with other DRDO laboratories.
- The first proto type of the Agni-II missile was carried out on April 11, 1999 and last launch was a user’s trial on May 4, 2017.
- Agni II is a part of the Agni series of missiles which includes the Agni-I with 700 km range, Agni-III with 3,000 km range, Agni-IV and Agni-V both having long range capabilities.
4. Aga Khan to visit begins his 11 day visit to India
- The 49th hereditary Imam (Spiritual Leader) of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims and founder of AKDN; Aga Khan has arrived India on his 11 day trip to India.
- He has arrived on the invitation of Vice President Mr Venkaiah Naidu.
- Under his presence Sunder Nursery, a 90-acre park near Humayun’s Tomb will be inaugurated.
5. Corporate India committed $1bn with Canada
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Tuesday said corporate India has committed $1 billion worth of investments.
- Trudeau also announced that investment will help to create over 5,000 jobs.
- The Candian Prime Minister had meeting with the top industrialists ncluding Tata Group chairman N Chandrasekaran; Birla Group chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla; Mahindra group chief Anand Mahindra; Salil Parikh of Infosys, and Cyrus Mistry of the Pallonjee Mistry group among prominent others.
6. India wins CWG bridge
- In the event of fifth Commonwealth Bridge championship
- The team was led by Kiran Nadar which defeated Aurstralia in the finals.
- The fifth Commonwealth Bridge championship was held in Gold Coast Australia from 14th to 18th.