3rd February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. PM Modi delivers book for students to fight with exam
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release a book on 3rd February for students “Exam Warrior” whose cover is out now.
- The book will help them deal with the stress and anxiety they face during the examination season
- The book will cover several aspects that students can relate to, especially with regards to the crucial class X and XII examinations.
- The book has been launched as the compilation of discussions from “Mann ki Baat” with some anecdotes in the form of book.
- The book covers chapters on 25 mantras or different challenges and planning of the exam.
2. Mukesh Khanna Quits as Children’s Film Society chief
- Actor Mukesh Khanna has resigned as chairperson of the Children’s Film Society of India (CFSI) when it was only two months left from his three-year term period.
- The reason has been citied the merger of CFSI under the film division.
- CFSI acts as the autonomous body under the ministry of information and broadcasting.
3. Magahi writer Madhukar awarded Sahitya Akademi’s Bhasha Samman
- The Shesh Anand Madhukar, a Maghai writer has been honored with this year’s Sahitya Akademi Bhasha Samman.
- He has been honored by the Sahitya Akademi President Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari for extensive developmental work of Maghai language.
- Sahitya Akademi honors 24 regional languages whereas the Bhasha Samman is given to equally spoken language in different parts of the country.
4. Researches show Indus script was written right to left
- Two scientists of Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai has found that the Indus scripts flows from right to left.
- The identification and calculation has been done by Mohammed Ashraf.
- The identification of the written text is taken from the word start and end of a word.
5. US National Book Awards will now accept translation also
- The US National Book Awards are among the prestigious literary prizes.
- The National Book Awards will now also recognize works in translation, opening up a distinctly American literary award to writers working in other languages.
- National Book Awards begun in the year 1950 to celebrate the best literature.