22nd January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. Om Prakash Rawat appointed as new CEC
- Former Election Commissioner Om Prakash Rawat has been appointed as the new Chief Election Commissioner of EC (Election Commission) of India.
- He will take charge in place Achal Kumar Joti after his superannuation.
- Other than him Ashok Lawasa will be appointed as the new Election Commissioner who was former finance secretary.
2. PM Modi leaves for Davos to attend World Economic Forum
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has left India to attend 48th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum.
- He will be the first Prime Minister to represent India in the forum in 20 years.
- Earlier, the Prime Minister Deve Gowda led the Indian delegation to forum in 1997.
3. ‘Bharat ke Veer’ anthem unveiled
- The Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched an official anthem for “Bharat Ke Veer”.
- ‘Bharat ke Veer’ is the initiative launched to raise the funds for the families of paramilitary personnel killed in combat operations.
- The anthem is sung and composed by Kailash Kher.
4. Over 130 babies born in the ‘Jiyo Parsi’ scheme
- The scheme “Jiyo Parsi” was launched by the UPA government in 2013 over the concern of decline in Parsi community.
- After the launch of Scheme under the scheme over 130 babies have registered taking birth.
- The population of Parsis dipped from 1.14 lakh in 1941 to 57,264 in 2011.
5. India wins the Blind Cricket World Cup 2018
- The Indian Blind Cricket Team finally won the title of World Cup 2018 for the match in UAE.
- The team has achieved its victory of over Pakistan team by chasing the target of 408 runs.
- Sunil Ramesh was declared the man of the match for his brilliant performance in the match.
14th & 15th Jan Current Affairs