21st January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. RBI places Bank of India under PCA
- The Reserve Bank of India has begun to take the PCA (Prompt Corrective Action) measures against the Bank of India.
- The action has been taken against the banks to improve the overall risk management, asset quality, the efficiency of the bank and its profitability.
- Earlier the PCS were implemented on Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India, IDBI Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, UCO Bank and Dena Bank.
2. Indian Science Congress postponed before 2 weeks of commencement
- In the history of 105 years for the first time, the ISC the largest congregation of Indian Scientists has been postponed.
- The event was being organized at the Osmania University Hyderabad which is now cancelled due to security reasons.
- The ISC is the first public function that the PM addresses in the calendar year.
3. Railway undergoing improvement, rate of accidents reduced
- According to the report presented by the Minster of State for Railway, Rajen Gohain in the Lok Sabha the rate of accidents have been reduced to 49.
- It is an achievement in downfall. There were only 30 accidents reported due to the failure of Railway staff.
- Also the ministry is developing he vandal proof advance warning system with the national transporter to reduce the threats.
4. The US finally approves the tax bill, victory to Donald Trump
- Finally the Republican controlled US gave the approval to the biggest overhaul in the last 30 years.
- It is the first major victory of the Trump since the time he has taken over the office.
- The bill slashes the taxes for corporation while giving tax relief to the middle class Americans.
5. Rise of Millennial, Virat Kohli the becomes most valuable celebrity brand
- According to the reports of Rise of the Millennials: India’s Most Valuable Celebrity Brands, Virat Kohli has now become the most valuable celebrity in the country this year.
- his brand value has been for the value of 144 million with the registered growth of 56% from last year.
- Earlier on the top it was Shahrukh Khan.