4th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK News
- 4th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK News
- 1. India Tourism Ministry launched Incredible India 2.0 Campaign
- 2. Centre releases Electoral Bond Scheme
- 3. Lok Sabha allows construction within 100m radius of monuments
- 4. First Blue Moon total eclipse to occur in 150 years
- 5. Athlete Nisar all set to break more records
1. India Tourism Ministry launched Incredible India 2.0 Campaign
- As announced by the Union Minster KJ Alphons the launch of the campaign is to position India as the ‘must experience’ destination among the overseas travelers and thereby increasing the foreign tourists.
- The objective of the campaign is to promote India as the holistic destination for tourism in terms of spirituality, medical and wellness.
2. Centre releases Electoral Bond Scheme
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely informed about the electoral bonds scheme to increase the transparency of investments made for election campaigning.
- According to the scheme if one wants to give funds to the election parties than they will have to purchase the electoral bonds from banks of worth 1000, 10000, 10lakh and 1 crore. However they will be validate only for period of 15 days from the purchase.
- The bonds will be available for purchase only for a period of 10 days each in the months of January, April, July and October, with an additional 30 days in the year of general elections which will be specified by the Union government.
3. Lok Sabha allows construction within 100m radius of monuments
- Lok Sabha passes the bill of constriction amending the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Bill 2017.
- According to the amendment allows the government to take up infrastructure project within 100m radius around protected monuments.
- The bill makes amendments in the legislation to the 1958 Act that prohibits carrying out any public work or project or other constructions in any prohibited area
4. First Blue Moon total eclipse to occur in 150 years
- A rare lunar eclipse is going with the full moon is going to happen first time in over 150 years.
- The eclipse will be a total blue moon eclipse that will last for 77 minutes tracking through the southern part of the Earth’s shadow.
- The eclipse can be seen in a few part of Asia including India, central Indonesia and New Zealand and most of the Asia.
5. Athlete Nisar all set to break more records
- The 16 years old Nisar Ahmad is given the opportunity to train in the Racers Track Club in Kinsgton.
- He is among other 16 budding athletes who were selected for a month training at the world’s most famous track; an initiative taken by the GAIL.
- The place is the home of athlete superstar Usain Bolt .