27th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK News
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. India inks a deal with the World Band for TN irrigation scheme
- The government of Tamil Nadu and India signed an agreement with the World Bank to provide $318 million loan.
- The loan is taken for modernization of the irrigation projects, adoption of climate resilient techniques and to provide opportunities to small and marginal farmers.
- Under the TN irrigation project about 4800 irrigation tanks, 477 check dams and 66 sub-basins will be constructed.
2. 1500 schools selected for the Atal Tinkering Labs
- Niti Ayon has now selected 1500 schools for setting ATLs(Atal Tinkering labs) under the government flagship program of AIM (Atal Innovation Mission)
- There will be total 2441 labs (also schools) across India which will be equipped with the art technologies like 3D printers, Internet of Things, robotics, miniaturised electronics and sensor technology kits that enables the students to learn community emerging problems.
3. Rohit rise in ICC T20I rankings and Kohli slips
- After the wining over Sri Lanka, Indian batsman Lokesh Rahul has now gained 4th positions moving 23 slots up.
- While Rohit Sharma moved up 6 positions and reached 14th
- On the other hand Virat kohli slipped to 3rd positions replaced by Australia opener Aaron Finch.
4. India to become 5th largest economy in coming year
- Currently ranked 7th, India will move to fifth place in 2018 and third by 2032 according to the Centre for Economics and Business Research (a London based consultancy).
- The US has world’s largest economy will be overtaken by China.
- After the demonetisation India hit a three year low however regained by 6.3% by the month of September.