9th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. India’s first Military Literature Fest takes off for first time
- The Military Literature Fest one of its kind begin in Chandigarh yesterday.
- In the event a large number of military people joined the event to share their experiences.
- The event has been initiated with the aim to imbibe the patriotism and nationalism among youngsters.
2. Mamta Kalia to be honored with the Vyas Samman
- For her novel ‘Dukkham Sukkham’ she will be honored with the Vyas Samman 2017 by the Sahitya Akademi.
- The Hindi writer Mamta Kalia is considered eminent in her writing.
- Ram Vilas Sharma, a poet and literary critic was the first to receive the honor in 1991.
3. Kacheguda, India’s first energy efficient railway station
- This railway station in Hyderabad has now earned the title of being the India’s first energy efficient railway station.
- It has been given the A1 category for replacing nearly 1300 conventional lights to LED.
- The station has completed its 100 years which was built by the 7th Nizam in 1916.
4. UNESCO gave the Kumbh Mela recognition of intangible cultural heritage
- The UNESO made the announcement through the tweet post.
- With the declaration the UNESCO has raised the importance among the pilgrims.
- The event was added to the list by the UN body along with 33 other new additions.
5. Harika gave Bronze from World Chess Championship
- In the event of the World Chess Championship, Harika Dronavalli won Bronze medal for the India.
- The 26 year old player won the medal after beating 64 women in the line.