9th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. India’s first Military Literature Fest takes off for first time
- The Military Literature Fest one of its kind begin in Chandigarh yesterday.
- In the event a large number of military people joined the event to share their experiences.
- The event has been initiated with the aim to imbibe the patriotism and nationalism among youngsters.
2. Mamta Kalia to be honored with the Vyas Samman
- For her novel ‘Dukkham Sukkham’ she will be honored with the Vyas Samman 2017 by the Sahitya Akademi.
- The Hindi writer Mamta Kalia is considered eminent in her writing.
- Ram Vilas Sharma, a poet and literary critic was the first to receive the honor in 1991.
3. Kacheguda, India’s first energy efficient railway station
- This railway station in Hyderabad has now earned the title of being the India’s first energy efficient railway station.
- It has been given the A1 category for replacing nearly 1300 conventional lights to LED.
- The station has completed its 100 years which was built by the 7th Nizam in 1916.
4. UNESCO gave the Kumbh Mela recognition of intangible cultural heritage
- The UNESO made the announcement through the tweet post.
- With the declaration the UNESCO has raised the importance among the pilgrims.
- The event was added to the list by the UN body along with 33 other new additions.
5. Harika gave Bronze from World Chess Championship
- In the event of the World Chess Championship, Harika Dronavalli won Bronze medal for the India.
- The 26 year old player won the medal after beating 64 women in the line.
Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer
Check out complete details of upcoming recruitments without too much searching through our free subscription We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously We know what’s UpcomingWant to know them?
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.ED Jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|