22nd December 2017 Current Affairs in English, GK Questions
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. Third gravitational wave detector to built in India by 2025
- Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) detector will be created this time by India (to be completed by 2025) will be created to measure the gravitational waves and the pinpoint of their origin.
- This will be the world’s third LIGO detector. Earlier 2 were developed
- It is the partnership project between Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) through Newton-Bhabha project on LIGO.
- The location selected for LIGO this time is India which will be operated by the Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA).
2. Coal India Board agrees to Shakti Scheme
- The board has cleared the agreement 10 successful bidding has been booked under the scheme for 27.18 million tonnes of annual coal linkages.
- The agreement has been done under the Scheme for Harnessing and Allocating Koyala Transparently in India (SHAKTI).
3. Justice UD Salvi is now the acting chairperson of National Green Tribunal
- Justice Umesh Dattatraya has now taken the charge as the NGT acting person followed by the Retirement of Justice Swatanter Kumar.
- He was declared the chairperson by the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
- The NGT was established on October 18, 2010 under the National Green Tribunal Act for effective and expeditious disposal of cases relating to environmental protection.
4. Three Indian Women in the list of ICC
- Indian women cricket team’s captain Mithali Raj has been named in the ICC Women’s ODI team of the year.
- The spinner Ekta Bisht is the only cricketer to get her name in both ODI and T20 Teams of the year as announced by the International Cricket Council.
- Apart from these players, Haramanpreet Kaur was found the third women to be placed in the ICC Women’s T20 Teams of the year.
5. Indian Football team on 105th spot, Germany on top
- In the list of the FIFA rankings India remained stagnant to its position on 105th as released on Thursday.
- While Germany topped the list as named to become the ‘Team of the Year’.