14th December Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. The Indian Navy to include Kalvari in its fleet
- The PM Narendra Modi will commission the Scorpene submarine (Made in India) Kalvari in Mumbai.
- Almost after 20years the Indian Navy will be including into it’s fleet the first conventional submarine.
- Kalvari is named after deep sea tiger shark with about 1600 tonnes weight guided with the heavy wire at Surface and Underwater Target (SUT) torpedoes.
- The first ever submarine inducted in the Indian Navy was from Russia in 1967.
2. India ranks 109th for the Mobile Internet Speed
- In the rankings of the Ookla’s November Speedtst Global Index, India has been given the rank at 109th country for its mobile internet speed while 76th for the broadband speed.
- The average mobile speed has been noticed 8.8Mbps and 18.2Mbps in the broadband connection.
- The rankings have shown that the speed in India are improving and getting faster.
3. Badminton World Finals, PV Sindhu wins the opener
- In the Dubai Super Series Finals, the Sindhu got a positive start in the event of Women Singles.
- Sindhu dashed out her performance against the World No 9 player of China He Bingjiao.
- On the other hand the World No 4 player Srikanth could not top his game and suffered from a loss.
4. Shubhankar won ended being on top in the Joburg open
- At the opening of the Joburg open Shubhankar, 21 got his first major victory in the Golf European Tour.
- Shubhankar has given until now total 5 wins to India by the Professional Golf Tours. However this is his major win.
5. India’s GDP forecast lowered by the ADP
- According to the Asian Development Bank the India’s Gross Domestic Product forecast for the current fiscal year has been lowered by 6.7%.
- Earlier it was 0.3%. The government is trying to implement the measures which can improve the growth rate with the new Goods and Service Tax and Bank recapitalization.
- India has the largest economy in the South Asia.