13th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Quiz Questions
1. Indian railways has increased the re-engagement age to 65
- The age limit for the railway employees has been changed to 65years.
- Earlier the age limit of rejoining after retirement was 62years.
- The amendment was done by the Railway Board to help the department get the expertise of the experienced employees.
2. The WTO and Food Security book becomes the best seller at WTO meet
- The book is written by the Sachin Kumar Sharma, working as the Associate professor’s book became the best seller at the 11th ministerial conference at Buenos Aries.
- The book makes an assessment on the Agreement on Agriculture and the how the efforts can hamper the challenges of food security.
- The countries focused in the book are India, China, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkey and Zimbabwe.
3. Nakul Chopra is the new Chairman of BARC
- He will be the third chairman of BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre) India.
- Nakul is currently the president AAAI and the senior advisor in the organization after joining the organization in the 2016.
- Currently Sudhanshu Vats is the chairman of the organization who will be replaced by the Nakul Chopra.
4. Australia-India in communication for free and open Indo Pacific region
- The dialogues between the countries have begun on Tuesday for discussing engagement in areas such as defence and security.
- The foreign secretary S Jaishankar and the defence secretary Sanjay Mitra led the Indian Delegation rounds with their counterparts.
5. Indian men Hockey Team positioned 7th throughout 2017
- The ranking of the Indian Men Hockey Team has been 7th through ought the year 2017.
- However the significant remark has been achieved by the Indian Women Hockey Team.
- Earlier the year the team has started at 12th position after which now it has forwarded 2 steps moving to 10th.