18th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Quiz
1. Foundation of Nyaya Gram project laid by president Ram Nath Kovind
- The project is being implemented in the High Court of Allahabad on Saturday.
- The project aims at making the judicial and system less expensive, providing judgment in the common and easy understandable language.
- Kovind expressed his belief that the judiciary system would be enhanced and fearless.
2. Sushil and Sakshi won gold in Commonwealth Olympics
- In the event of the Commonwealth Olympics being held in Johannesburg South Africa, wrestler Sushil Kumar defeated New Zealand’s player to win the final clinch.
- Sushil made his comeback after 3 years. Lastly he played the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glassglow.
- Sakshi Malik from the women team also won the Gold in the event.
3. National Shooting Championship, successive medals from various players
- The Rio Olympic player Gurpreet Singh won the gold medal in the 25m rifle shooting event.
- Anish, 15 outshines among the Olympic players to win the silver medal in the 61st National Shooting Championship.
4. Indian Cricket team won the One day Internationals Series
- India won the 3rd ODI and thereby ended up winning the complete series against the Sri Lanka.
- The series was named to India after winning the ODI series 2-1 by 8 wickets.
- India is ranked on 2nd number in ODI rankings as the best team.
5. Indian exports to China increased by 53%
- India has been seen increasing the export rate for China by 53% in a year which is about to reach $1.24billion.
- The growth in the exports have been increased by the pearls, precious stones, precious metals, organic chemicals, cotton, woven fabrics, sores, ash and slag majorly among many others.
- Despite the increased trade rate India is facing the trade deficit as per the data released by the Customs.