16th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Dail GK Questions
- 16th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Dail GK Questions
- 2. Union Cabinet agrees the bill of Instant triple talaq illegal
- 3. Union Medical Council to be replaced, Cabinet passes bill
- 4. Narinder Batra appointed as the IOA chief
- 5. Rajasthan High Court sets guidelines for the religious conversions
1. Rahul Gandhi will take off as Congress President, Sonia will retire
- Till now Rahul was serving as the party’s vice president in the party since 2013.
- He has been nominated as the president by getting 89 nomination proposals from the party.
- After the handover Sonia is expected to get the retirement.
2. Union Cabinet agrees the bill of Instant triple talaq illegal
- Finally the Union Cabinet has approved to the proposal of Muslim Women Bill 2017 (Protection of Rights on Marriage) that makes ‘Talaq-e-Biddat’ a punishable offence.
- In the punishment the husband would be given up to 3 years of jail on a non-bailable period.
- The victim can also ask the husband for the custody or subsistence allowance of minor children from the magistrate.
3. Union Medical Council to be replaced, Cabinet passes bill
- The Union Cabinet has passed the National Medical Commission Bill which will replace the heavy handed regulatory control of the medical institutions.
- Replacing the council, now there will be a 25 member regulatory team looking after the responsibilities.
- The process has been regulated to ease the process of managing the graduate and post-graduate courses in the medical institutions.
4. Narinder Batra appointed as the IOA chief
- Narinder Batra has been appointed as the Indian Olympic Association chief after winning the elections in the Annual General Meeting.
- Out of 160, Batra go the majority of 143.
- Currently he is the FIH (International Hockey Federation) chief.
5. Rajasthan High Court sets guidelines for the religious conversions
- According to the new guidelines now the religious conversion is only possible after getting clearance from the district collector, SDM and SDO.
- Now the conversion process will include writing petition submission and 21 days after it the individual will have to explain the reason to the district collector, SDM and SDO.
- The process will be effective only till the Rajasthan Dharma Swatantraya Bill will be passed which is pending for last 11 years.