20th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. India crashed Nepal at SAFF Women’s Championship
- In the event of under 15 women’s team of India scored 5 goals in each half and winning the match by 10-0 against Nepal.
- The match is being held at Dhaka.
- Now the India will face Bangladesh in their next match.
2. Now the Iraq turns to be the top Oil Supplier for India
- It has been the first time that for the crude oil supply Saudi Arabia has been overtaken by the Iraq in the current fiscal year of India.
- Iran was the second biggest supplier of the crude oil in the country till 2010-2011.
- The revelation has been made by the Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
3. Goa celebrated its 56th Liberation Day
- Very late after the 1947, the Goa actually got its freedom on 19th December, 1961from the Portugal’s.
- The state was ruled for a 450years and its freedom could be possible due to military intervention only.
4. Only a fewer Bangladeshi migrants now in India
- According to the released 2017 UN International Migration report the migrants in 2000 were 3.9 million.
- There are 35,250 people from India who are now living in Bangladesh, an increase of 12,439 since 2000 when there were 22,811, according to the data.
- Also there were about 258,000 people from Pakistan now living in India than in 2000. There are now 1.095 million people originating from Pakistan in India, while there had been 1.353 million in 2000.
5. Stadiums to get privatized under SAI
- The announcement has been made by the Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore that some of the stadiums under the Sports Authority of India will be privatized.
- The step will help in delivering better playing experience to the sportspersons, to improve the quality and administration services.