23rd December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK News
- 23rd December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK News
- 1. BJP retains its Vijay Rupani as CM of Gujarat
- 2. HAL will develop LCH on orders from Air Force
- 3. India and Switzerland sings agreement against the Black Money
- 4. India beats Sri Lanka in the I T20
- 5. India-China 20th round of talk to be held today
1. BJP retains its Vijay Rupani as CM of Gujarat
- Vijay Rupani was elected the BJP leader of legislature party in Gujarat, declared by the Jaitley.
- It will be his second term tenure to become CM in the state.
- Winning the Gujarat elections is the 6th straight win of the BJP in the Assembly Poll.
2. HAL will develop LCH on orders from Air Force
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will now develop the 15 limited series helicopters for the Air Force and the Army.
- The RFP (Request for Proposal) has been given for the light weight helicopters (LCH).
- The light combat helicopter (LCH) is a 5.5tonne class multirole attack helicopter which is the only helicopter in world to attack from a height of 12000 feet.
- In the month of August, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has launched the production of LCH in Bengaluru.
3. India and Switzerland sings agreement against the Black Money
- India and Switzerland has come up together with to combat the Black Money.
- In the agreement signed between both the countries, now the automatic sharing of the tax related information will take place from January 1st
- The policy was signed by the agreement was signed by the CBDT chairman Sushil Chandra and Swiss Ambassador to India Andreas Baum.
4. India beats Sri Lanka in the I T20
- In the event of Twenty-20 International match between India and Sri Lanka, India won by 88 runs.
- In the event most successful players were Rohit Sharma, Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav.
- Rohit Sharma also made the highest record by scoring 118 runs for India in T20I.
- The match was organized at the Holkar Cricket Stadium.
5. India-China 20th round of talk to be held today
- Both the countries will hold the negotiations on the border issues.
- The meeting will be held between the National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and his counterpart Yang Jiechi.