30th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Daily Quiz Questions
1. Hyderabad gets its first Robocop
- Hyderabad is soon to launch its Robocop whose prototype has been inaugurated on Friday in the city.
- This policing robot has been made by the H-BOTS, an Artificial Intelligence & machine learning startup based in Hyderabad.
- The Robocop possess the capabilities to take complaints, record audio and video clips, identify suspects, detect metals, and monitor temperature.
2. National Education Society turns 100 this year
- National Education Society (NES) a school which was started as the part of the freedom movement to disseminate nationalist ideas among students has now became the prestigious school across the country.
- The school was started by Congress leader and theosophist Annie Besant in 1917 firstly in Bangalore.
- The NES has some prestigious alumni such as cricketers E.A.S. Prasanna, B.S. Chandrasekhar and Anil Kumble; ISRO chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar, industrialist P. Sadananda Maiya, and actors Vishnuvardhan, Srinath and Ramesh Arvind.
3. ISRO will launch 31 satellites in a single PSLV
- ISRO made the announcement that it will launch 31 satellites including India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation space craft in a single mission.
- The mission will be the first Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
- The tentative date for the launch of the satellite is January 10 2018.
- The project is on the primary objective to provide high resolution scene specific spotimageries.
4. Vishwanathan Anand wins World Rapid Championship
- At the age of 48, Anand turned the finished the event by lifting the title of World rapid Chess Championship with 10.5 points in the 15th and final round.
- Earlier it was a tie, after which Anand won the match frm 2-0 against Vladimir Fedoseev.
- In the women’s event China’s Ju Wenjun won the game while Harika ended being the placed Indian from 19th
5. IAF bids farewell to Bahadur MiG-27 ML
- MiG-27 ML which was codenamed ‘Bahadur’ is the formidable aircraft from Russia which had the single most powerful engine in the world.
- The specialty of the aircraft was engine and the variable geometry wing which allowed pilot to change the wing sweep and flying as per the requirements of the flying characteristics.
- The MiG-27 ML aircraft was finally given retirement after 30 years of service in the Indian Air Force.