28th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK questions
- 28th December 2017 Current Affairs in English, Today GK questions
- 1. Indian Science Congress to be held in 2018 at Manipur University
- 2. India and Israel celebrates its bilateral ties
- 3. Parliament passes the bill of bamboo not a tree
- 4. Malvika Bansod tops the U-17 girls singles
- 5. AICTE to pitch for ‘Hackathon’
1. Indian Science Congress to be held in 2018 at Manipur University
- The 2018 edition of the Indian Science Congress will be held at the Manipur University, Imphal in the month of March.
- In the history of 106 year old ISC earlier it was scheduled for Osmania University which was cancelled in the last minute.
- The event sees several Nobel laureates and scientists from across India’s science academies in attendance.
2. India and Israel celebrates its bilateral ties
- This year India and Israel will be celebrating their 25 years of diplomatic relations.
- Both the countries reviewed their bilateral ties in the 15th Round of Foreign Office Consultations discussing the relations in defence, agriculture, S&T (science and technology), education and homeland security
- Vijay Gokhale, Secretary (Economic Relations) in the ministry and Yuval Rotem, Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel participated in the talks.
3. Parliament passes the bill of bamboo not a tree
- The parliament has passed the bill to exclude the bamboo from the category of tree under the Indian Forest Act.
- The bill claims that it will help in improving the earning of tribal and the dwellers living around the forest area.
- The new bill permits felling of the bamboo that is grown in the non forest area. Whereas the bamboo grown in the forest area will still be considered tree and restricts its commercial use.
4. Malvika Bansod tops the U-17 girls singles
- The under-17 badminton player Malvika Bansod from Nagpur jumped on the No. 1 spot according to the rankings released by the Badminton Association of India.
- Her performances in All India Junior Ranking tournament and Junior Nationals made her reach at the top.
- Akarshi Kashyap is on the 2nd position while Ritika Thaker is on third in the BAI rankings.
5. AICTE to pitch for ‘Hackathon’
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) will pitch smart hackathon for Bengal from next year.
- The purpose of the initiative is to make the students of the state universities to think innovatively.
- Earlier the success of the event has been noticed in the states AP and Rajasthan.