5th January 2018 Current Affairs in English | Today GK Questions
1. Government launches Swachh Survekshan 2018
- The government of India announced the launch of cleanliness survey for this year as part of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Under the Swachh Survekshan 2018 500 cities having more than 1 lakh population on a national level will be placed according to State and Regional ranking.
- The survey attempts to look out the progress n six broad parameters such as transportation of municipal solid waste, sanitation related progress, and whether cities have started campaigns promoting Swachh Survekshan.
2. SBI to cut the minimum account balance
- The State Bank of India under the pressure of government will be reviewing the minimum required balance of the urban centers.
- Currently it is Rs 3000/- which is already the lowest among other public sector banks.
- On an estimate the bank recovered Rs 1,772 crore in fees through imposing penalties for non maintenance of the minimum required balance.
3. Pakistan isolated from the India’s initiative of National Knowledge Centre
- India has excluded Pakistan from the lost of SAARC countries with whom it will be sharing its state-of-theart NKN (National Knowledge Network) for sharing the scientific database and advance research facilities.
- The NKN process has been initiated by the government by appointing a telecom company which will be connecting 6 South Asian countries Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- NKN is a multi-gigabit pan-India network which facilitates the development of India’s communications infrastructure, stimulates research and creating next generation applications and services.
4. NMCG approves Namami Gange project
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) approved 5 projects named Namami Gange for the cleaning of the river.
- There are 3 sewage management projects of West Bengal and Uttarakhand with an estimated cost of more than 278crore each.
- While Ghat cleaning and improvement projects also have been approved in Varanasi.
5. ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup, India three times champion
- India had won the three titles in the event with 2 runner up finishes as well in the history of U19 Cricket World Cup.
- India’s U19 cricket team captain is Prithvi Shaw.
- Apart from India giving tough competition, Australia is also in the same queue.
Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer
Check out complete details of upcoming recruitments without too much searching through our free subscription We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously We know what’s UpcomingWant to know them?
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.ED Jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|