8th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. Bihar CM to receive 1st Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Award
- Nitish Kumar will be conferred the First Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Award for Probity in Public Life in a function organized by J&K government.
- The reason to choose Nitish is his measures for building links with J&K, when as Union railways minister had laid foundation stones for Anantnag and Baramulla rail lines.
- The award has been constituted by the state government to commemorate death anniversary of PDP founder and two-time J&K CM M M Sayeed and father of Mehbooba Mufti.
2. Khelo India logo launched
- Khelo India, logo was launched by the Sports Minister at Nehru Stadium in Delhi.
- The Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Rajyavardhan Rathore mentioned that it would help in achieving twin objectives which are more participation in sports and its promotion.
- The Khelo India School Games, organized in collaboration with SGFI and the National sports federations.
- Khelo India logo was designed by Ogilvy India.
3. 14000 civilian bunkers to be constructed along LoC
- As per the information provided by centre 13,029 individual bunkers and 1,431 community bunkers would be constructed near Line of Control and International Border.
- The construction is being done for residents of Jammu division facing Pakistani shelling.
- There will be 160 square feet individual bunker would be able to accommodate eight people and the 800 square feet community bunker with capacity of 40 people
4. Smart Police Station Rankings
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had recommended all states and Union Territories to identify their best police stations and recommend them to MHA.
- According to the rankings the best 6 police stations from top 10 are: K4 police station in Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Banbhoolpara in Nainital (Uttarakhand), Ghiror in Mainpuri (Uttar Pradesh), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand), Valapattanam in Kannur (Kerala) and Kirti Nagar (Delhi).
5. J&K government launches scheme to bring workers under social security net
- The scheme is titled Muhafiz, provides accident and disability insurance cover for the workers, education scholarships for their children and also special micro credit card.
- The scheme was launched on the second death anniversary of Mufti Mohammad Sayeed.