6th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. RBI Introduces new note of Rs 10
- The Reserve Bank of India will now release new note of 10 rupee note with a new design and color of a chocolate brown ten rupee note.
- There are slight variations in the dimensions of the new note. The height will be same of 63mm while the width has been changed to 123mm. (earlier it was 137mm).
- Another main difference of the note will is that the reverse of the note will carry a motif of the Konark Sun Temple.
2. Mamata Banerjee launched the official emblem of West Bengal
- The emblem was launched on 5th January 2018, conceptualized and designed by the chief minister Mamata Banerjee within 2 days after getting approval from central government.
- The state emblem- the “Biswa Bangla” logo will be now used with the Ashoka Pillar for all the official works and documents of Bengal government.
- Also the CM has applied to the government to change as Bangla. However it is not approved yet.
3. The Winter Parliament Session ended, 22 bills passed
- At the last day Parliamentary Affairs Minister concluded the winter parliament session as successful with 22 bills passed in just 13 sittings.
- Despite all other bills two most bills could not enter the passage of the winter session of Winter Session – the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2017 and the Constitution 123rd Amendment Bill, 2017.
- Ananth Kumar is the Parliamentary Affairs Minister.
4. Credit Enhancement Fund to be launched by March
- The Finance Minister Arun Jaitely had announced Credit Enhancement Fund which is expected to be operational by end of this fiscal year.
- This step will help investors in the long term investments along with raising rating of bonds floated by the infrastructure companies.
- The step will help in easy institutional financing as well.
5. PT Usha quits TOPS panel
- The sprinter PT Usha has become the latest sport person to resign from the position of National Observer in the Target Olympic Podium.
- Usha stepped out of the appointed due to her ‘conflict of interest’ and her involvement in unning an academy – Usha School of Athletics – in Kozhikode.
Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer
Check out complete details of upcoming recruitments without too much searching through our free subscription We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously We know what’s UpcomingWant to know them?
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.ED Jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|