6th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. RBI Introduces new note of Rs 10
- The Reserve Bank of India will now release new note of 10 rupee note with a new design and color of a chocolate brown ten rupee note.
- There are slight variations in the dimensions of the new note. The height will be same of 63mm while the width has been changed to 123mm. (earlier it was 137mm).
- Another main difference of the note will is that the reverse of the note will carry a motif of the Konark Sun Temple.
2. Mamata Banerjee launched the official emblem of West Bengal
- The emblem was launched on 5th January 2018, conceptualized and designed by the chief minister Mamata Banerjee within 2 days after getting approval from central government.
- The state emblem- the “Biswa Bangla” logo will be now used with the Ashoka Pillar for all the official works and documents of Bengal government.
- Also the CM has applied to the government to change as Bangla. However it is not approved yet.
3. The Winter Parliament Session ended, 22 bills passed
- At the last day Parliamentary Affairs Minister concluded the winter parliament session as successful with 22 bills passed in just 13 sittings.
- Despite all other bills two most bills could not enter the passage of the winter session of Winter Session – the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2017 and the Constitution 123rd Amendment Bill, 2017.
- Ananth Kumar is the Parliamentary Affairs Minister.
4. Credit Enhancement Fund to be launched by March
- The Finance Minister Arun Jaitely had announced Credit Enhancement Fund which is expected to be operational by end of this fiscal year.
- This step will help investors in the long term investments along with raising rating of bonds floated by the infrastructure companies.
- The step will help in easy institutional financing as well.
5. PT Usha quits TOPS panel
- The sprinter PT Usha has become the latest sport person to resign from the position of National Observer in the Target Olympic Podium.
- Usha stepped out of the appointed due to her ‘conflict of interest’ and her involvement in unning an academy – Usha School of Athletics – in Kozhikode.