13th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK Questions
1. NSDC inks MoU with the Generation India Foundation
- The National Skill Development Corporation signed memorandum of understanding with the Generation India Foundation for providing world class training to the Indian Youth.
- The trainings would be funded through Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), under the Skill India Mission.
- The Generation India Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by the McKinsey & Company.
2. V J Mathew appointed new Maritime Board Chairman
- The decision was taken by the Kerala cabinet for the Thiruvananthapuram Maritime Board.
- VJ Mathew will be the egal consultant of Vizhinjam International container terminal company and Indian Maritime Association Co-President.
3. 150 Speakers from 90 countries to take part in Raisina Dialogue
- For the third annual edition of Raisina Dialogue more than 150 speakers, more than 550 delegates of around 90 countries are expected to participate.
- The event on geo-political issues will be inaugurated by the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on January 16.
- The theme for dialogue of this year is “Managing Disruptive Transitions: Ideas, Institutions and Idioms.”
- For the three daylong event PM Narendra Modi and External Affair Minsiter Sushma Swaraj will also be participating.
4. India and ASEAN countries agree to tackle climate change
- The India and ASEAN countries agreed cooperate in agriculture and forestry to tackle challenges of climate change and price volatility.
- In the event of 4th ASEAN-India Ministerial Meeting on Agriculture and Forestry focus was given on the intervention for livelihood opportunities, exchange of farm machinery and development of heterotic rice hybrids.