12th January 2018 Current Affairs in English | Today GK Questions
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. ISRO launched it century satellite Cartosat-2
- The PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) 42nd flight of its category has been launched by ISRO from Aandhra Pradesh which is India’s 100th
- This satellite has been launched in two orbits where 30 satellites were launched in an orbit 550 km about, and one 359-km above the Earth.
- This has been done through the Multiple Burn Technology.
2. UIDAI improves the Aadhaar privacy through the two layer security
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced the virtual authentication for citizens enrolled in the database.
- The introduction of the “virtual ID” which can be used in lieu of the 12-digit Aadhaar number at the time of authentication for any service.
- Also now the unique token has to be used by the agencies for accessing the required data.
3. Railway Ministry launches SFOORTI App
- On 11th January the Railway Ministry launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for freight managers.
- This application will use the Geographic Information System (GIS) to track both the passenger as well as freight trains.
4. India unveils its fastest computer Pratyush
- Pratyush is an array of computers that can deliver a peak power of 6.8 petaflops.
- Talking about the technical details one petaflop (PF) is a million billion floating point operations per second and is a reflection of the computing capacity of a system.
- According to the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pratyush is the fourth fastest supercomputer in the world.
- The computer is dedicated for weather and climate research which follows the high tech machines of Japan, UK and USA.
5. Golfer Natarajan claims second spot for National finals
- In the event of Mercedes Trophy golf meet Golfer Rajesh Natarajan won in the event.
- The player will join actor R. Madhavan, who won on the first day.