20th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK Questions & Answers
1. President ram Nath Kovind to award 112 women achievers
- Over 100 women who have first set milestones in their respective fields will be felicitated with awards by President Ram Nath Kovind in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- A list of on total 227 women achievers was complied through various sources.
- Of these, 112 extraordinary women who busted stereotypes to become the first in their field were selected.
- The ‘First Ladies’ is the second phase of ‘100 women achievers’ which was initiated in 2015.
2. India joins 3rd export control group, bolsters
- India has become the member of export control regime Australia Group which check the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons.
- It is the third export control group which India has joined after Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) and Wassenaar Arrangement.
3. Anandiben Patel appointed as the MP Governor
- The former CM of Gujarat Anandiben will be appointed as the new Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
- Anandiben was the Gujarat’s first woman Chief Minister. She will be the second Gujarat Minister from BJP to have been made a Governor.
- Earlier, Vajubhai Vala, a former BJP MLA from Gujarat, was made Governor of Karnataka.
4. Silvassa tops the challenge of Smart Cities
- In the challenge of Smart cities from overall 10cities, Silvassa tops over other 9 cities.
- The winners of Round Four of the National Smart Cities Challenge were announced by the Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri.
- The other cities that won are: Erode (Tamil Nadu), Moradabad and Saharanpur (both Uttar Pradesh), Kavaratti (Lakshwadeep), Diu (Daman and Diu), Biharsharif (Bihar), Bareilly (Uttar Pradesh), Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh).
5. FICCI to first open its office in Srinagar for industry promotion and investments
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) will set up its first office in Srinagar to expand its operations across the country.
- The Industry body is involved in partnership with the J&K to focus on areas including tourism, food processing and skill development.
Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.Ed jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|