17th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. India attends its first SCO military cooperation meeting
- India had first time taken part in the meeting of international military cooperation of the Shangai Cooperation organization (SCO).
- The Indian Delegation was led by Major General Ajay Seth who discussed the issues of practical cooperation among SCO nations.
2. Bihar legislature budget session to begin from February 26
- The budget session of the bicameral state legislature in Bihar will begin in February 26 and will close on April 4 2018.
- The budget to be presented is for financial year 2018-19.
- The team has sanctioned budgets majorly for Patna Storm Water Drainage scheme and for construction of cultural centre at Bodh Gaya.
3. PM Modi to open business summit in Maharashtra
- In order to attract the investments in state, Maharashtra government will be holding “Magnetic Maharashtra: Convergence 2018” in Mumbai.
- The event will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Maharashtra’s economy is worth $400 billion and its growth rate over 10 per cent.
- In terms of conversion rates for MoU(Memorandum of Understanding), Maharashtra has been in the country.
4. PM Modi inaugurates project working in Rajasthan Oil Refinery
- Rajasthan’s first oil refinery in Pachpadra in Barmer district was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on 16th January 2018.
- However the refinery will be completely operational in 4years.
- The project is the joint venture of HPCL and Rajasthan Government.
5. Bihar Govt running ‘Bano Udyami’ campaign to encourage youth for business
- The state wide campaign of Bano Udyami is being run by the state government to encourage about the entrepreneurship and encourage them to own business.
- During the entrepreneurship development schemes run by the government, such as the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), Stand-up India, Start-up Bihar, Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana and many others.
6. ASSOCHAM seeks 10% customs duty on pulp imports in Budget
- Industry chamber ASSOCHAM has urged the Centre to impose 10% customs duty on import of hardwood chemical pulp and bleached chemi-thermo mechanical pulp.
- The measure has been taken to energize the creation of sustainable sources of fibre required by the Indian pulp and paper industry.