19th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. India successful in 5th attempt to test fire nuclear missile Agni-V
- The Defence Ministry on Thursday successfully tested the indigenously surface-to-surface the ballistic missile Agni V.
- Agni V is one of the most capable and longest range missiles in the Agni series. This was the fifth test fire with consecutive success.
- The 5000 km range can carry one tone warhead missile was test from the Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- The Agni-V is the most advanced version of the Agni series, part of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme that started in the 1960s.
2. Modi to visit Palestine in February
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to visit the Palestine’s capital Ramallah in February.
- He will be visiting the country to attend the meeting with the Palestine President Mahmoud Abbas.
3. Reserve Bank reveals there are 14 different types of 10 rupee coins issued by government
- In a presses release by the Reserve Bank, it made clear that there are 14 different types of coins released by the government of India to reflect the distinctive features of economic, social and cultural values.
- According to the central bank all these coins are legal tender and can be accepted for transactions.
4. Virat Kohli named ICC Cricketer of the Year
- The Indian Cricket Team captain Virat Kohli has been named as the ODI Cricketer of the Year and by the International Cricket Council.
- He has been given the award in the event of ICC Award.
- The Indian captain was also named the ICC Cricketer of the Year and captain of both ICC Test and ODI teams.
- Virat Kohli had become the fastest batter to score 9,000 runs in the ODI
6. Indian-origin appointed WBCSD Chairman
- The Sinagapore based Indian origin businessman has been appointed as the Geneva based World Business Council for Sustainable Development from agriculture sector.
- WBCSD is a global network of more than 200 CEOs who are responsible for combined revenue of more than 19 million employees.