27th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 27th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 1. 26th January, India celebrated its 69th Republic Day with 10 Asean guests
- 2. India and Vietnam release first ever commemorative stamps
- 3. Usha Ananthasubramanian becomes first woman chairman of IBA
- 4. India and ASEAN countries concludes RCEP
- 5. Vijender Singh rises to 6th in WBO rankings
1. 26th January, India celebrated its 69th Republic Day with 10 Asean guests
- The India celebrated its 69th Republic Day with leaders of 10 Asean countries.
- The day began with President Ram Nath Kovind unfurling the Indian flag at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- 18 children were given the bravery award in the event.
- The Ashok Chakra (posthumously) was awarded to Garud Commando Jyoti Prakash Nirala by the Indian Commander in Chief and President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The highlight of the event was acrobatics performed for the first time by women BSF officers (team Seema Bhawani) riding on 26 Royal Enfield motorcycles.
2. India and Vietnam release first ever commemorative stamps
- To mark the bilateral relationships of India and Vietnam, the first ever set of commemorative postage stamps has been released.
- The two set of stamps released carry picture of Sanchi Stupa and Thien Mu Pagoda.
- The foundation of bilateral relations between the countries was laid by Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and President Ho Chi Minh of Vietnam.
3. Usha Ananthasubramanian becomes first woman chairman of IBA
- Usha Ananthasubramanian who is currently the managing director at Allahabad has become the first woman chairman of the Indian Banks Association (IBA).
- IBA is the 71 years old body of banks whose managing committee elected Usha as the chairman till August after which she will be superannuating.
- Also, Rajnish Kurmar who is chairman of SBI has been elected as deputy chairman.
4. India and ASEAN countries concludes RCEP
- To further the trade ties all the countries on Friday agreed to swift the conclusion the beneficial Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).
- Both the sides committed to enhance the physical and digital connectivity.
- The partnership also drafted the plans for maritime and highway projects chaining different countries.
5. Vijender Singh rises to 6th in WBO rankings
- The Indian boxer Vijendra Singh rises four rungs and reached to 6th position in the latest WBO rankings for the super middleweight category.
- The WBO super middleweight rankings are topped by Jesse Hart, the American super middleweight champion, followed by Brit Callum Smith.