23rd January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 23rd January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 2. PM Modi attends meeting of WEF with top Global CEOs
- 3. WEF ranks India 62nd for Inclusive Development Index
- 4. Sudeep Lakhtakia appointed new DG of National Security Guard
- 5. Siddharth wins International Open Junior Series of Badminton
1. India and Switzerland to improve its bilateral ties
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s met the Swiss President Alain Berset in the sidelines of his visit to Davos in Switzerland.
- The meeting brought scope of improving the bilateral cooperation and discussed ways to deepen it even further in both the countries.
- Negotiations on EFTA (European Free Trade Association) trade pact and the bilateral investment protection agreement were also discussed.
2. PM Modi attends meeting of WEF with top Global CEOs
- In the World Economic Forum being held at Davos the PM Narendra Modi met the CEOs of global companies for discussing the economic performance of India.
- India also got thumbs up from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) which reaffirmed that India’s economy is projected to grow by 7.4 per cent in the next fiscal year.
- PM Modi will interact with 120 members of the International Business Council, which is a part of the WEF.
3. WEF ranks India 62nd for Inclusive Development Index
- The World Economic Forum ranked India at the 62nd place among emerging economies on an Inclusive Development Index.
- The neighboring countries China was given 23rd position while Pakistan 47th.
- The index is counted in terms of living standards, environmental sustainability and protection of future generations from further indebtedness.
4. Sudeep Lakhtakia appointed new DG of National Security Guard
- The Senior IPS officer Sudeep Laktakia is appointed as the new Director General (DG) of the ‘black cats’ commando force NSG.
- Sudeep will take over from incumbent S P Singh who will retire from the post of NSG DG on January 31.
- The National Security Guard (NSG) was raised as the federal contingency force to counter incidents like terrorists and hijack in 1984.
5. Siddharth wins International Open Junior Series of Badminton
- In the event of Swedish International Open Junior Series of Badminton Siddharth Pratap Singh from India won the title
- He won the maiden International title after defeating the opponent from Denmark Christophersen.