30th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 30th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 1. President Kovind addresses both houses of parliament in the budget session for 2018-19
- 2. Third Scorpene submarine to be launched on Wednesday
- 3. President Kovind, PM Modi pay tributes to Mahatma Gandhi on his death anniversary
- 4. 10,000-year-old ‘crayon’ has been discovered
- 5. India beats Pakistan in U-19 to play in finals
1. President Kovind addresses both houses of parliament in the budget session for 2018-19
- The first leg of the budget session 2018-19 of Parliament commenced on the 29th January where President Ram Nath Kovind addressed a joint session of both the houses.
- In the event the Economic Survey 2018 will be released by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
- The session will go on till February 9 while the budget will be announced on February 1.
2. Third Scorpene submarine to be launched on Wednesday
- The third Scorpene class submarine, Karanj, will be launched in the sea in Mumbai
- The submarine will be launched by Navy Chief Admrial Sunil Lanba.
- The features of the Scorpenes include superior stealth and ability to launch crippling attacks with precision-guided weapons.
3. President Kovind, PM Modi pay tributes to Mahatma Gandhi on his death anniversary
- 30th January is the 70th death anniversary of the father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi.
- The day is also observed as Martyr’s Day.
- There is Gandhi Smriti, the museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi to pay tribute to the father of nation.
4. 10,000-year-old ‘crayon’ has been discovered
- An ochre pebble crayon has been found which is likely to have been scraped to produce a red pigment powder.
- The findings suggest people collected ochre and processed it in different ways during the Mesolithic period.
- The color has been found significant to the hunter- gatherer life.
5. India beats Pakistan in U-19 to play in finals
- The Indian U-19 team has entered in the finals of the Cricket World Cup defeating Pakistan in the semifinals.
- The team gained its victory by 203 runs in the match being held at Christchurch.
- Now the team will be playing against Australia who defeated Afghanistan by 6 wickets.