31st January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK News Pdf
1. India and Guyana signs three agreements
- Strengthening the bilateral ties between the Caribbean and New Delhi region, Three MoUs were signed.
- The memorandums included the namely, renewable energy, cultural exchange programe and framework agreement on International Solar Alliance (ISA) were signed.
- The Gyanana’s President and Foreign Affairs Minister Carl B. Greenidge visited New Delhi to attend the signing ceremony.
2. Sushma Swaraj to look after the new Nepal leadership
- Sushma Swaraj has been deputed by PM Narendra Modi to assure the commitment of Himalayan nation by the Communist party in Nepal to tackle various Socio Economic challenges.
- The visit would provide an opportunity to hold talks with political leaders of Nepal on issues of mutual interest and to advance age-old special friendship.
- Sushma Swaraj will be meeting the President Bidhya Devi Bhandari and the outgoing Prime Minister Sher Bahadur.
3. SBI Cards will provide credit cards for farmers
- State Bank of India has planned to launch the credit for farmers, firstly in three states.
- Different from the Kisan Credit Card, the farmers of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh eliminating the requirement of carrying large amount of the cash while in the need of money.
- SBI also signed an agreement with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to implement financial inclusion program for farmers.
- The announcement was made by the SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar.
4. Lt. Gen Anil Chauhan takes charge as DGMO of Indian Army
- Lieutenant General Anil Chahuhan has been given the charge of new Director General of Military Operations of Indian Army.
- He has been succeeded by the Lt General A K Bhatt.
- Lt Gen Chauhan is known for his expertise in counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir and the Northeast.
5. Aadhar becomes Oxford’s the first Hindi word of the year
- In the Jaipur Literature Festival the Oxford Dictionaries made the announcement that “Aadhar” becomes the first Hindi word of the year.
- Aadhar has been the word of the year for 2017.
- The other shortlisted words were Notebandi, Swachh, Vikaas, Yoga and Bahubali.