2nd February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. Union Budget 2018: Key Points
- Agriculture and rural economy has been paid attention to increase the production and income of farmers.
- No change in the income tax structure.
- Digital literacy and more digitization have been focused with more investments.
- One medical college to be given for every Lok Sabha constituency.
- National health Protection Scheme to give Rs 5 lakh cover to 10 crore families.
- 10 new iconic destinations to be developed.
- Budget also focuses on the Railway and Defence Ministry.
2. PM Modi to open the investors summit Advantage Assam
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be inaugurating the 2day Advantage Assam-Global Investors Summit 2018 to be held on 3rd
- The event will notice presence of over 2000 domestic and international industry leaders and representatives.
- The summit will be the India’s expressway to the South-East Asian nations.
3. India joins the Ashgabat agreement
- India has joined the Ashgabat agreement according to which now the India will be linked for international transport and transit corridor linking the central Asian and Persian Gulf for trade and investment.
- Turkmenistan is the founder of the agreement along with the Iran, Oman and Uzbekistan which signed the pact in 2011.
- The accession of India will come to force by Saturday.
4. Mary Kom leads gold rush as with seven yellow medals from other players
- In the event of Spice Jet India Open International Boxing Tournament, Mary Kom bagged Gold defeating opponent Josie Gabuco of Phillipines.
- Other Indians who managed acquire yellow medals were Sanjeet, Manish Kaushik, Pwilao Basumatar, Lovlina Borgohain and Pinki Rani and Manisha.
- On total India dominated over 7 titles in from middle and heavy weight.