15th February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
1. Iran President Rouhani, PM Modi to review bilateral ties
- The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani will meet begin his tour to India after to hold ties with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Both the key members will be discussing for bilateral relationships between the countries and exchange views on regional and international issues of mutual interest.
- India and Iran have collaborated on key projects like Chabahar port in southeastern Iran that was inaugurated on December 3, 2017
- This will be the first visit by Rouhani, who is the seventh President of Iran
2. PM Modi to interact with India Inc at ‘Magnetic Maharashtra’ conclave
- During the three days ‘Magnetic Maharashtra: Convergence 2018’ PM Narendra Modi will be interacting with top business heads and CEOs.
- He will be inaugurating first-ever Global Investors Summit at the MMRDA Grounds in Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC).
- The tagline #MadeForBusiness, one of the biggest events of its kind after the Prime Minister’s ‘Make In India’ initiative launched back in February 2016.
3. Centre announces plans for Netaji museums
- The Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma has announced that for commemorating the memory of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- Two museums each in Delhi and Kolkata will soon be opened as the steps towards is realization have initiated.
- Currently items related to Netaji, such as notebooks, currency and chair, are on display at the Red Fort museum in New Delhi.
4. Rashtra Raksha Mahayagya symbolises unity, organizes soon
- The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh had made announcement regarding the week-long Yagya in the national capital between March 18-25.
- The Mahayagya will be organized in the lawns outside the Red Fort in Old Delhi, in which over 1,100 priests would participate.
- Importantly, the soil and water for Yagya will be brought from Doklam in Sikkim where troops of India and China were locked in a standoff, and Poonch sector in Jammu and Kashmir, located near the Line of Control (LoC), and the Punjab’s Wagah border and four pilgrimage sites.
- Last week Union Minster Nitin Gadkari had also launched the missed call number for the Rashtra Raksha Mahayagya.
5. World’s largest glasshouse to reopen in May
- London’s Temperate House which is home to world’s rarest plant species will welcome visitors once again.
- The temperature was home to 1000 species before it was shut in 2013.
- The wrought iron and glass structure was designed by esteemed Victorian architect Decimus Burton in 1860 and opened in 1863.